1985 Toyota Tercel

TC16

Hey guys picked up this car a few months ago for my brother now I wish I kept it because its fun to drive and when you can't find a parking spot you can just put it in your back pocket and walk around

seems to have near new interior, Air Con works well, cd player, handles like a mini, 3au motor is gutless but I'm sure it can be tweaked. unfortunately its an auto

the bastard is drawing power when its turned off and kills the battery overnight and the speedo doesnt work but other than that its great... I still want to put my 4age in it one day but I don't know if thats possible, it was covered in betty boop stickers when we bought it

theres no rust, I'm so sick of finding rust on cars but none here

post-7827-1238466613_thumb.jpg

post-7827-1238466622_thumb.jpg

post-7827-1238466629_thumb.jpg

post-7827-1238466637_thumb.jpg

Edited by TC16

Members dont see this ad
Nice, my family had a 4wd wagon one of them, it finally died all together at 610+ tousand k, original 3a never opened.

Look afer it and it will look after you :wink:

nice I'm glad its turned out to be a good buy, I can get within an inch of the gutter without touching it.

It has p/s so it pretty much spins on the spot lol

I nearly made him buy a VK Holden just because I miss my old one

• 1 month later...

Just a question.. Does the motor sit North? or is it East/West like ae82?

I think i seen one of those before, only 20 were imported in Aus by the name of Ralf Foronza unless i'm mistaken by something else :y:

Poke around the wreckers and keep your eyes out for an AL25 Tercel wagon (the ugly as sin 4wd ones, same front panels as yours) or an AE80 with the 3AU. Should be the same.

Just a question.. Does the motor sit North? or is it East/West like ae82?

I think i seen one of those before, only 20 were imported in Aus by the name of Ralf Foronza unless i'm mistaken by something else :y:

Yeah they're a NS but FWD Johno... same as the AL25. Very odd arrangement.

aaaw... if the only problem you're having with it as the dodgy alternator, you're doing well :D

Shit I just fixed the aircon on a '98 Magna today (not mine, dear lord no not mine) and it cost $600, you're laughing :fuzz:

Edited by 7shades