...and Defected

benzo

Ok So I got defected yesterday while driving up hills just past Inglewood.

Cop was an ok guy and I only got done for too low, but still sent to regency.

I have most stock shit for the pos, but I do need:

- stock front struts, shocks, springs and brakes

- stock rear shocks, (have stock springs)

and that should be it

If anyone could lend me these parts I would very much appreciate it and pay you in booze or doritos :dance:

will be coming back badder than ever, scraping chassis rails, 13x8 negs, retarded 4age

Cheers, Ben.

Members dont see this ad
Make sure you get it ALL legal. regency boys check EVERYTHING.

not everything my vr ss got done with a few things but they didnt notice the fact i had no bump stops, drive shaft boots were just sitting on the drive shafts and my exhaust was held up with one hose clamp lol

but regency wont like rust so id get that fixed before going

regency is tough on old cars. i had a trx that got defected to regency because of a tiny drop of oil in the engine bay. regency went over it with a fine tooth comb. i had a tiny bit of surface rust on a door hinge and they were pulling the door towards the front of the car to try and make it snap. they took the stock engine to limiter til it pissed out smoke, and said that i wouldnt get it off defect cos of that. the car never blew smoke when i drove it, and didnt after they did that. but they don't listen to ya. who drives the car on rev limiter anyway!

good luck, it was my worst nightmare sitting there watching them pick your car to pieces and trying to wreck it. i could of burst into tears watching them.

hope you don't have the same problem. fingers crossed.

Ben, if you want a hand actually getting it over the pits, sing out. I've taken a mate's in for him before and we got it across easy as. Had a nice chat to the mechanic and all. ;) Took a rag with me to wipe down the site of the oil leak on that particular car. Meant that I could drive it there, give it a quick once over and voila, neat as a pin. You'll want to make sure your horn works. What brakes have you got on there? Why do you need stockies? As long as they're upgrades and in good working order, you won't have any trouble. Also make sure your seat belts retract properly and your indicators, brake lights, etc all work. They'll check track width too so you might be better off with stockie wheels on the day. Sucks. :D

yeah thanks guys

everything in the car works 100% (except I need a globe for my interior light and rhs front indicator), not one oil leak I know of, but engine bay is dirty as f@$k so been cleaning it all yesterday and today. (Anyone got a pressure cleaner?)

I have ae86 struts in the front, with coilovers, ae86 brakes and xt130 lcas etc

I have stock rear springs but probably need shocks too as I doubt my KYB short strokes or Boge's would allow the car to sit at full height. (btw my eyebrow height was 275mm front and 270mm rear, legal is 345mm all round!!!)

I need a pair of stock steelies as two of mine have no tread.

Oh and I do have some rust (not surface) on the very bottom of the rear guards from mudflaps, and under the fuel filler (surface). Then I have some pretty ugly rust behind my taillights and above the lhs taillight where all E7s get it. Should this be a problem because atm I am paying for 4age set-up and buying a daily this week so I can't be effed fixing rust in this pos

Oh and Kim I just might take you up on that offer hey :D

Anyway I am tired as hell drinking beers all yesterday at my mates until 5:30 this morning, not driving is fun...

Cheers, Ben.

regency is tough on old cars. i had a trx that got defected to regency because of a tiny drop of oil in the engine bay. regency went over it with a fine tooth comb. i had a tiny bit of surface rust on a door hinge and they were pulling the door towards the front of the car to try and make it snap. they took the stock engine to limiter til it pissed out smoke, and said that i wouldnt get it off defect cos of that. the car never blew smoke when i drove it, and didnt after they did that. but they don't listen to ya. who drives the car on rev limiter anyway!

good luck, it was my worst nightmare sitting there watching them pick your car to pieces and trying to wreck it. i could of burst into tears watching them.

hope you don't have the same problem. fingers crossed.

f@$k that

I would like to see them try doing that to my car, even if it is a shitty KE70 Corolla. I'd rip them a new one

Cheers, Ben.

• 2 weeks later...

I passed regency fairly easy. The guy i had was real chilled. Even let me through with cracked brake lines on front and no indicator on the front guards. Told him id fix it. I didnt have an interior light. Main things are brakes and oil leaks. Its there everyday job and the guy I had let a few things through. Just show them respect and be polite and talk to them and 9 times out of 10 they'll treat you just as good.