Deleted

mungi mods

Members dont see this ad

Somewhat perfect timing of making this thread.

I have this same task ahead of me, and this is a great help. Much easier to follow something with pictures than it is to go nuts and have absolutely no idea on the best way to do it.

Good job :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

just installed sigma LCA's in my car.....Will be doing this tomorrow!

great thread lot's of help.......my first instinct would of been ...."Grab that Angle Grinder"

*EDIT* It should be noted too,some injury's can be had doing this for the first time..... :P

P1020234.jpg

lol

cheers

josh

Edited by e70driftpig

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Good article, following these directions right now, its actually quite a basic process.

Those guards are extremely malleable and don't need too much persuasion to form the shape you want.

EDIT: And I'm just using a normal hammer and a block of wood. I'll put some pics up when I'm done.

Edited by blzbub666

I achieved pretty sweet results just with the block of wood and a normal hammer.

These aren't finished but already look sweet.

I did all 4 but you get the idea from these.

The rear guards are a bit trickier as they are thicker and you need to do a lot more precision bashing.

guard2.jpg

guard5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

hey all, I know this is an old thread but looking for some info on flaring rear guards on my ae71.

I have flared the fronts which look sweet, wondering if you have to cut the inner guard out or flare the same process and fronts with both inner and outer guards?

any info and / or pics would be awsome!

Thanks and will post some pics when finished :)

• 5 months later...