Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4a-c Performace Extractors

Featured Replies

G'Day all,

 

I'm currently in the market for some performace extractors to fit a 4A-C motor (see WTB forum), but, before i go ahead and spend hundreds on getting them custom made, I would like an idea of what the potential power increase will be.

I'm asking those of you who have done this, or know the effects of this to give feedback on what the benifits will be, and whether or not you believe it is worth getting the parts.

 

Thanks.

Let me know how you go getting a set, I spent 6 months and all sorts of brands but never found anything, I know they exist but have also posted many WTB for them. If you get a group buy or something I would be interested.

 

Just the extractors won't be enough, but add twin 40mm carbs and a cam and you will be looking pretty good

  • Author
Let me know how you go getting a set, I spent 6 months and all sorts of brands but never found anything, I know they exist but have also posted many WTB for them. If you get a group buy or something I would be interested.

 

Just the extractors won't be enough, but add twin 40mm carbs and a cam and you will be looking pretty good

 

I myself am hunting for them. Which is why I'm asking now before i buy.

I was told tonight that Redline Performance make them for FWD cars, i sent them an email asking the cost of getting custom made RWD ones.

I'll let you know when i know.

  • Author
Let me know how you go getting a set, I spent 6 months and all sorts of brands but never found anything, I know they exist but have also posted many WTB for them. If you get a group buy or something I would be interested.

 

Just the extractors won't be enough, but add twin 40mm carbs and a cam and you will be looking pretty good

 

I haven't found any companies that make them in RWD, only FWD.

I saw the FWD ones, even looked at the design and had a look to see how easy to was to re/design them to be RWD, but the engine mounts get in the way, so was a bit hard at the end of the day

FWD ones go under the sump.

 

yes redline only make FWD ones, i enquired months ago about them.

 

no one makes them anymore... they used to in the states but not now.

 

get some custom made if you really want to.

 

but one question you should ask is A) do you intend on keeping a 4ac forever or do you intend on getting a 4ag later down the track? B) what sort of driving and what other modifications have you done or intend to do?

 

a decent 2" exhaust will make a good bit of difference, removing or even jamming open the butterfly in the stock exhaust manifold will provide a noticeable increase. extractors may add a little extra but not huge.

 

my opinion is if you revving it high and looking for some real grunt then it maybe worth getting a GOOD set or tuned length ones made but your looking at bigger dollars. otherwise getting a half arsed set that some monkey has made up wont be much better then the stock manifold.

 

money could probaly be better spent else where IMO.

Edited by tas_ae71

Custom extractors from an exhaust shop will cost you about $700 plus.

 

At the end of the day it is pointless really as you may unleash about 3 kilowatts of power. On a dollars per power ratio that is not money well spent.

 

You have to wonder why no-one makes these for a 4AC, it is because no-one is interested in them anymore and it is simply a waste of time and money as no-one would buy them.

 

No-one bothers with 4AC's anymore because assuming you have an AE71 the upgrade to 4AGE is not that expensive or difficult. If you cannot afford the upgrade in engine I suggest you simply enjoy the 4AC as it is. There is no point upgrading the 4AC as at the end of the day it will always be a 4AC.

 

I will wait for all the 4AC fans to come in here and defend it, but at the end of the day you need to upgrade your engine.

  • Author

Yea, looks as though i'll just be waiting for a 4A-GE.

just a quik question..

 

what is this mod with the butterfly or something lol ?

but but i love my 4ac WHAAAA!!!! dam reality ;P

Let me know how you go getting a set, I spent 6 months and all sorts of brands but never found anything, I know they exist but have also posted many WTB for them. If you get a group buy or something I would be interested.

 

Just the extractors won't be enough, but add twin 40mm carbs and a cam and you will be looking pretty good

Twin carbs for a 4A-C? I've never seen/heard of it, but it might just be an uncommon thing.

You'll spend $500 min for a twin carb setup (incl manifold, linkages, carbs themselves and perhaps tuning)

so you're better off going the extra $500 (ish) and buying a 4age for some REAL power increase.

 

ps. LukeAE71 says "at the end of the day a lot" haha

Edited by seabiscuit

  • Author
just a quik question..

 

what is this mod with the butterfly or something lol ?

 

There is a Butterfly valve around the bottom of the exhaust manifold used to keep the air in the intake hot at certain points.

I'm pretty sure that if you take the spring off that valve and put it on reverse to what it was, it will keep the valve closed and result in a bit more power.

(correct me if i'm wrong)

I can't remember how it works exactly, cause i made the adjustment so long ago.

Hope that helps.

but but i love my 4ac WHAAAA!!!! dam reality ;P

 

I'll race you for slips when I get my 20 valve running :wink: :lol: Your a funny bastard Matt :y:

 

Twin carbs for a 4A-C? I've never seen/heard of it, but it might just be an uncommon thing.

You'll spend $500 min for a twin carb setup (incl manifold, linkages, carbs themselves and perhaps tuning)

so you're better off going the extra $500 (ish) and buying a 4age for some REAL power increase.

 

ps. LukeAE71 says "at the end of the day a lot" haha

 

HAHA I just realised how many times I used the phrase in that post. :hmm:

Twin carbs for a 4A-C? I've never seen/heard of it, but it might just be an uncommon thing.

You'll spend $500 min for a twin carb setup (incl manifold, linkages, carbs themselves and perhaps tuning)

so you're better off going the extra $500 (ish) and buying a 4age for some REAL power increase.

 

ps. LukeAE71 says "at the end of the day a lot" haha

LOL! we use that saying alot at work when the kids start discussing engine conversions

 

such as "at the end of the day its just a 1.6L"

I'll race you for slips when I get my 20 valve running :wink: :lol: Your a funny bastard Matt :y:

 

 

 

HAHA I just realised how many times I used the phrase in that post. :hmm:

 

HAHA i think ill get eaten for breakfast my totally standard running package AE71 VS 20v AE71

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.