Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Closed

Featured Replies

I think that would be a great idea.

I thought about this too.... good idea.

 

I wonder whether also you could have or incorporate into this thread a recommended workshops thread. I don't know how that would go though in terms of legal requirements etc

I thought about this too.... good idea.

 

I wonder whether also you could have or incorporate into this thread a recommended workshops thread. I don't know how that would go though in terms of legal requirements etc

 

http://forum.pulsar.org.au/showthread.php?t=56699

 

the link above is what i was going to base an the SA section version. which i havent got round to doing yet as i've been quite busy.

 

as for legal requirements well i wouldnt think there would be any, because its on the recommendation of the members who use the fourm

http://forum.pulsar.org.au/showthread.php?t=56699

 

the link above is what i was going to base an the SA section version. which i havent got round to doing yet as i've been quite busy.

 

as for legal requirements well i wouldnt think there would be any, because its on the recommendation of the members who use the fourm

 

I can't see that link at work but I like the fact you like the idea too.

 

What I meant by legal requirements was more to do with the bitching and whining that these types of threads can produce. One person recommends and place and another person posts about how when their sisters uncles dog went there something bad happened. You then (can) have legal issues in relation to slander and defamation through the site. Whether or not this would happen is unknown but putting the site and its owners at unnecessary risk is not a good idea.

 

I am all for these types of threads as they can be quite useful but there will be extra moderation required and this is something you need to think about if you are prepared for.

 

Just my 2 cents :)

i think its awsome idea only cuz my rolla needs heaps work done haha jokes :)

its good that people want to help out other members

I think if you are genuine about this then you should be pm'ing Irokin and asking his opinions on it as he is the one who will have to handle any legal issues that may arise

Edited by KE ping it real

Hrmm well for what its worth i work in a alloy bullbar shop....

 

No I'm not building anyone with a rolla a bullbar, BUT it does give me access to the workshop full of tools.

 

Also ive become very good at alloy polishing from being there...

  • 3 weeks later...

Unfortunatly Rollaclub is solely supported by advertising dollars. A section such as you're proposing is somewhat counter productive in keeping the advertising dollars flowing (as few as they are). Donations are few and far between and fall a long way short of supporting the couple of hundred dollars a month the site costs to run (still short even when the site was sub $100/month to run). Even with the advertising and donations we still fall short of covering expenses so I end up footing the bill month in, month out. It also sends mixed messages to commercial advertisers who come here to sell their wares. Why should I pay when all these other businesses are getting free advertising?

 

If you want to advertise your services you can gain access to the commercial traders section for a lazy $7 and support Rollaclub in the process here: http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?a...&CODE=index

I reckon it's a brilliant idea, but i can see how it would impact RollaClub funding.

Difficult call.

Edited by Gecko71

It is a good idea considering the money that would be saved in the process but as irokin said he is paying for the site month in and month out so without him doing so there wouldnt be a site for us to share our services. Maybe just sticking to what members can offer rather than promoting other businesses i the thread???????????

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.