And You All Thought Nick Was Good With The Pen !

Banjo

jamie; i live in the us, and in california they take it out of your pay every month......

they took 1,000 dollars from my pay for unemployment insurance. i quit due to unsafe equipment and i am getting my money back; it's not like welfare

i paid the insurance, now i have made and won a claim

i'm not a deadbeat, i wouldn't live off of the government

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah cos I earn over $1000 a week nightshift so thats a higher tax brackety thingy... apparently. i'll look it up.

It shouldn't work like that. It's a cumulative system. For each extra dollar you earn, you should see at least 51.5c per extra dollar earned. It should be more. If you earn an extra $200 a week, you should see at least $100 of that.

*cough* :) Sorry.

It's a cumulative system. For each extra dollar you earn, you should see at least 51.5c per extra dollar earned. It should be more. If you earn an extra $200 a week, you should see at least $100 of that.

i've never thought of it like that. here's me thinking the government is just ripping me off for ~half the overtime i'm working :)

Maybe it's not the tax that's making you take home less? Probably not the case for you, but for me when I went off contract and went into a permanent position, although I got promoted, I took home less money because I have to put more money into superannuation. So although I actually earn more money, I see less of it every fortnight...

After all the deductions, I only take home like $650 a week... :)

... and then once the money gets deducted to pay the home loan... I have... oh bugger. :)

Edited by demuire

yeah the whole tax system is gay. the government can get its own damn money as far as i'm concerned. it's not like they use it on anything useful.

but yeah america has awesome cars (but ugly family daily drivers but sports cars are tough as: Dodge Viper, old '69 Mustang Fastback etc etc)

it's actually a good thing you guys reminded me because i had forgotten about it... i'll even pay for the shipping of it grim.

oi super jamie... as if i'd screw a rollaclub.com member round like that...

oh and all but 2 of those bid retractions are because i always check ebay at one of my mates houses and also I don't have the net at home so i use it at an internet cafe/LAN place which keeps me signed in so my mate bids on something then realises he's not signed in as him so has to retract bid. same as LAN place.

Edited by 1G-GTE KE70