Purple Pirelli Eater

e70driftpig

Corona xt130's use the same size strut diameter as ae86.

If you want shorter stroke you can cut down the strut tube.

Vented discs are only on jdm ae86 struts,

So yea its personal preferance really, and depends on your cash/how handy you are.

Travis.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corona xt130's use the same size strut diameter as ae86.

If you want shorter stroke you can cut down the strut tube.

Vented discs are only on jdm ae86 struts,

So yea its personal preferance really, and depends on your cash/how handy you are.

Travis.

I'm talking about the range of shocks available for ae86 struts, also springs

you can cut down the tube, AE86 is already shorter

I know vented is only jap

ae86 is win, hence why most people use it.

Cheers, Ben.

id use XT130 struts over AE86 gear....

1) the 86 gear is pretty expensive.

2) the XT130 has twin piston calipers, decent sized rotor

3) there is a few different options on brake upgrades for the XT130, ra60/MX62 combo, or the pug/hilux combo.

4) though the AE86 struts are shorter yes, and yes some have have put RX7 calipers on for better clamping force.

For the average joe, the XT130 struts with decent pads, and coilovers would be great.

And lol at your interior... its so funky :bash: :y:

Going off what Falken_Ke30 said regarding struts,

Not ALL XT130's had twin piston callipers. Some are a singe piston Girlock calliper whilst the 2 pot ones are Sumitomo brand. The 2 spots do stop well on a KE70 though, and for the price, they are a great upgrade. 260mm solid disc for them too, vs 234mm for AE86 (iirc) If you go jap ae86 brakes though, they are vented which is obviously going to be better if you plan on track days or extended periods of hard braking, but you will also pay a hell of a lot more for jap gear. :? And I could be wrong, but I am fairly certain that XT130 struts are the same length as AE86 ones as I run AE86 KYB inserts in my Corona struts, and they didn't require any spacing at all. Was a perfect fit. ;) Maybe someone else could confirm this, but as far as I knew, the only major difference between XT and AE86 struts was that the Corona strut has the larger type stub axle.

But yeah he is on the money about them being good bang for buck ;) The puplre looks really good too, such a different change from the usual red, white or beige. Top photo of it behind the Honda? looks awesome. I think the wheels suit it to a tee. Maybe some Work equip 01's in the future would set it off :)

Anyway, I like how the car is going, minus the interior, but hey, each to their own so nothing wrong with that :)

Yeah Corona hubs will push rims out more. Hell, the flares on mine were needed to cover 15x7 -2 rims and they only just fit under with standard KE70 LCAs and camber tops set to near max. Though, you may be okay with the corona arms with your wheels as they don't look to be as lower offset as mine, so hopefully they will be okay.

Did you get the 2 spot callipers for the XT130?