Bowler

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OOOO...crushed red velvet, buttoned goodness...although it'd be a little squishy with that much padding...but thanks for the ideas. i'm still to fiddle with the load area. I need a camera too, so i can start taking/uploading pics...

rohypnol dispenser is still an unknown tongue.gif ),

It's a GIVEN

hahaha, you mean the water bed, Barry White cassettes, roll of prophylactics, and the pulling power of the van itself can't seal the deal? Ooo, on an update, and after fitting the ke30 front end, it turns out that i have 2 ke55 buckets, but there has been a small ding (as suspected) on that left hand corner, which has pushed the mounts back a little. So that'll need taking care of. Also, the trimming from a ke55e, is NOT the same shape as a ke30 trim, so will need to source that, but ah well...in time.

Edited by Bowler

• 4 weeks later...

ah, fine! Not much to update so far, due to most of the efforts lately going into the Nova. but I have been picking up parts here and there. So far, I have sourced most of a factory air conditioning (just need the mount and pump), larger calipers (Cheers Silverra23), a more period front end however, that uncovered some slight damage to the front left, that has been received at some stage. Also, I've managed to fix the starter button (you didn't need a key to allow you to turn over the engine). Outside of that, I'm investigating getting an SR dash for it, so that should be interesting. But will update when I get stuck in. Deadline to having it on the road, is 15th of Sept (2013 :P).

Edited by Bowler

• 2 months later...
Nice 36, shall make for quite a practical fun car.

Thought of doing up the 5k for a bit more poke?

Cheers. Here's hoping everything will work out. Not really planning to do much to the 5k, outside of maybe a carb and possibly a cam regrind, but that'll be down the track a little bit. I'm struggling to find time to look at it of late (ah, I love this time of year wrt uni work). I did however have half an attempt of fitting the hoses/lines for the air con, and got to the evaporator (? - heat exchanger that sits in front of the radiator) and realised that I will have to alter the mounts to suit the ke30 front end (which has a narrower radiator opening than the donor ke55). but once again, in due time. I have fixed the tailgate lock so that it now works properly, and I have also fixed the indicators. I have sourced the intermittent wiper circuitry (cheers Jip), and the air con pump (once again Jip) and mount (Curly), so have those sitting there patiently to install. Before I do that however, I need to get myself a water and fuel pump, because while I'm attacking that side of the engine, I might as well tick a couple of things off the list first. Then bodywork/service, and it should be almost right to start thinking about a roady.

Looks really good mate, wish mine was as rust free as yours :( I like the two tone as well, are you gonna leave it like that? Good luck with it.

Cheers mate. Yeah, I got lucky with the amount of rust in it, but its one thing to have a vehicle in reasonable shape, but I really need to pull my finger out and get it fixed. But in due time I spose :P

Hey mate let us know what else ya need ay. :P

Cheers, will do!

Also, forgot to say before that I've managed to find an SR dash to suit. But I need to repaint the dials (thanks to the previous owner), change one of the clear plastic covers, and consult a plastic welder (it looks to have been close to heat at some point, so the fascia is a little flat in one of the dial surrounds).