Patch - The Ke36 Camper

Bowler

Looking good Andrew, keep up the good work. Did you inquire with that wrecker about the early ke30 I linked you?

Cheers Ben,

Yeh, had a look, and a chat with the guy. Will try and work with what I have at the moment, and see him if I need any spares. Just starting to get stuck into the routing now though. starting to get a little excited - can't wait to have it on the road

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Neat little car u got there mate! So jelly over ur ac setup

Haha...took a while to sort out in the end - ended up having the wrong compressor, modifying something that didn't need to be modified, etc...mind you, that's what happens when you sorce parts 3 years ago, and promptly forget how the bits go together.

But its in now - just hope that i'll be able to get the system gassed.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh ok nice. mines get this r&p steering in aircon and central locking. might try slot these coilovers in and r31 diff.

Rack and Pinion would be very nice, but i think its a route I probably won't go down just yet...my wife may or may not murder me if I start thinking about spending that much on it :P.

Looking at the moment at the possibility of corona LCA's for at lease 0 deg camber. Central locking might be a goer too, after it gets on club reg...

ah, why do these thoughts cost so much...

Good to see you've updated.

re. the carb, you're welcome. I still have a brand new sponge for the filter in my shed (somewhere) it's your's when it emerges

Cheers mate.

I'll have to start it again this weekend - make sure the cruise is doing what it should, and not going to end up with the sticky throttle i got sometimes in the nova...

Will have to get over to you soon, and see if you can help me out with some paint too...sick of the taxi bonnet

Edited by Bowler

• 2 weeks later...

Small update.

Completed the passenger window conversion, so just need to fit and test.

Outside of that, was a little bored and inventive yesterday - found that every clock I tried didn't work. So, with the help of the old oil pressure gauge that I had lying around, combined the 2 together (for that factory look). Pretty stoked at how it turned out. Will post pics tonight.

Cheers

Edited by Bowler

• 2 weeks later...

Small update today:

Got the dash back into position (which although is a minute achievement for most, given the amount of sporadic activity I can get, is massive for me).

Started connecting everything back up, and testing before I completely bolt back in - so far so good.

I should have a steering wheel on by the weekend :)

So issues I have uncovered - rear wheel cylinders seized - will need to investigate further, but this would explain the lack of braking. Also having teething issues with the Cruise - not holding/grabbing the cable as it should, so will need to investigate this further too. Also have discovered fouling of the electric windows (Very much less than ideal) on the window, so will have to have a bit of a think tank about that one too.

attached are pics of the dash. you can see my rough handy-work of the ducting - does work for ducting, so hopefully come time for AC will be good :)

post-3603-0-72088300-1353448733_thumb.jpgpost-3603-0-13697800-1353448773_thumb.jpg

post-3603-0-19252300-1353449044_thumb.jpgpost-3603-0-72113000-1353449000_thumb.jpg

post-3603-0-22776600-1353449322_thumb.jpgpost-3603-0-69684000-1353449300_thumb.jpg

post-3603-0-53525900-1353449411_thumb.jpgpost-3603-0-76083400-1353449436_thumb.jpg

post-3603-0-91408200-1353449488_thumb.jpg

Also, you can see the Oil pressure guage where the clock should be :) got to love a dremmel multi tool!

post-3603-0-67820700-1353449460_thumb.jpgpost-3603-0-29881600-1354584410_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bowler

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see you're still going with this :) Catchya Sunday if you're coming to Classic Japan.

Yeah, after such a hiatus, it's good to get back into it.

Bit of an update - going to get my front callipers rebuilt, as it turns out that my dead pedal is not caused by the rear cylinders as I had first thought. but still replaced both the cylinders just because.

Got my dash and head unit in plus the steering wheel back on ;) . Just waiting on a few cables before the final fit-off. Outside of that, have discovered a couple of issues with the power window conversion, so will need to sort that out.

...Getting there!

• 2 months later...

So, Not much to update..

Have been working away at the interior - installed a few tie-down points, replaced panels, installed the rear speakers, and power outlet...

Have also changed the clutch, Obliterating the spigot bearing in the process (now fixed)...

In fiddling with the interior, I noticed that the steering wheel that came with the car had a clouded plastic horn button, which promptly fell off. On closer inspection, it had a logo behind it so I thought I'd have a crack at trying to polish the plastic to see what emblem laid beneath.

I started with some preen to get rid of the sticky stuff...

then the proverbial hit the fan...the plastic and the emblem came apart.

this is what I found...

post-3603-0-99348800-1360065093_thumb.jpg

I was just a little bit devastated when I discovered this as paint was flaking off everywhere.

But...I was able to touch it up to this...

post-3603-0-93009700-1360065142_thumb.jpg

All I need, is to get it printed, and I'll be happy

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...