Dream Machine

LILRKT

only because the class restricts them to 5000cc capacity. rob doesn't use a 3k in his ke25 because they're an engineering marvel. and fyi, the ford v8 supercars put out average 20-40bhp more than the chev-engined ones

and besides, comparing a quarter of a million dollar race engine to something you buy from the wreckers out of a street car is like apples and oranges. it's as futile as directly comparing a v8 supercar to a showroom commodore or falcon - one is a metal cage that sits centimeters off the ground, with ~600hp, a live axle and a locker - the other is a flimsy, weakly powered, irs loungechair with a steering wheel

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing is that many V8 Supercars now use something called the Aurora V8, which is supposedly a 5.0L V8 developed especially for the Supercars under Project Blueprint (a program to minimise differences between vehicles). That's what I've heard anyway.

AH.... I still prefer the 5.0 litres.... easier to work on! :thumbsup:

But, yeah, you're forgetting one thing about this thread... it's all a dream! So who cares, it ain't gonna happen! Well, not for me anyway. hahaha

The Aussie 5.0 litre was better than the GEN 3 IMO...

I would have to agree with that. My brother owned a VU SS 5.7L and he was always having trouble with it. Under warranty he got 2 new engines, a clutch, a starter motor, water pump and few other things that have slipped my mind.

He sold that and now owns a 5.7L VX Panel Van and it uses oil like you wouldn't believe.

Some people just never learn to buy quality. *insert toyota symbol here*

Well, my friend bought a VX Calais International Gen 3 V8 and he had a hole in the block (somehow).... rebuilt the engine from ground up and he now has a street sleeper with 280+ rear wheel kw!

But alot of people with VTs and VXs experienced heaps of flaws with the Gen 3 motors. These problems got fixed with the VY series... to my knowledge anyway.

early gen3s were crap, but all the problems have been sorted out now. and they talk about rotaries being unreliable and crap :dance:

there's a kit for xr6 turbos which includes an injector hiflow, a piggyback computer and an exhaust which gives 300rwkw guaranteed

you can also get a cam, chip, pipes package for gen3s for 5 grand which guarantees you and 11.5 second or better car

early gen3s were crap, but all the problems have been sorted out now. and they talk about rotaries being unreliable and crap :dance:

That, I'll second....

hahahahaha

Early Gen III V8s were shockers.... not now... and especially since Gen IV is out! Even better!!!!

My realistic dream would be a IGTTE or is it IGGTTE (it's the 2.0 litre 6 cylinder twin turbo) with a Supra 5 speed.

That would be NICE! :D

That, I'll second....

hahahahaha

Early Gen III V8s were shockers.... not now... and especially since Gen IV is out! Even better!!!!

My realistic dream would be a IGTTE or is it IGGTTE (it's the 2.0 litre 6 cylinder twin turbo) with a Supra 5 speed.

That would be NICE! :D

The new ones aren't super flash, either. Already replaced an engine in one of our utes due to abnormal vibrations.

I take it they're an iron block. It's a pity Toyota aren't releasing really cool engines anymore. They've got the beginnings of good motors (eg. 1AZ-FE, 1GR-FE, 3UZ-FE) but they don't do much with them aside from change the capacity. They need Yamaha to design more G (wide-angle) heads for these motors, and also release some turbo versions. Otherwise Toyota fans are going to have some real problems doing cool engine mods in the future. We'll be limited to up-ing capacity or doing a complete motor change.

the LS1/2 v8 is an ancient piece of machinery anyway, i for one think it's f@$king pathetic that they're still selling a brand new car with PUSHRODS. christ, they just got rid of live axle a couple of body shapes ago!

i'm all for tried-and-true methods, but f@$k, the technology is there and working for every other car manufacturer

and adding cubes is a neanderthal way of making power. a 350 cube engine should be able to make 500hp reliably if it's built well, not just by getting to 350hp in SS commodores then upping the capacity

give me a nice good quality 4L lexus v8 any day

Why don't Grimdog go and get a root from a girl for a change and maybe your just a lil jealous that i had a better car than you.

Why don't you keep your bitcjing between you and your boyfriend........

It would only take a dickhead like you to bring that up and as ol mate said its all a dream but guess what i have the ability to make it come true. unlike you you lil government working no hoper.......

Poofs drive slow cars (worked K series engines)

Men drive fast cars.