My New Beast

Jono

got this new shopping trolley for my wife + baby (and for me as well sometimes).

I looked hard at Toyota Chasers, Nissan Stagea M35s, WRXs, 530i Touring (the wagon) and this seemed to tick the most boxes in terms of practicality, parts prices and insurance costs, and of course potential power-up options down the track.

*Toyota Chaser - boot is smaller than the ae112r corolla

*WRX wagon - again, boot is deceptively small

*530i Touring & M35 Stagea - both very expensive to insure (sometimes over $2k per year), and next to zero easy power up options

I got this 07/06 (first reg. 12/06) BF XR6 Turbo with 26,000kms for $23k. It costs only $1k per year to insure, parts are readily available and the power up options are amazing: 270-280rwkw from only injectors and flashbox/tune (less than $2k)

dsc01038c.th.jpg

dsc01040ukk.th.jpg

check out the BUMSEX standard issue RTA plates.

edit: its slower than the ke20 was, however gets traction a lot better so from a stand still its quicker, but say 20km/h to 150km/h the ke20 would have it.

dsc01042r.th.jpg

Edited by Jono

Members dont see this ad

Bahahahahahaha.......... "BUMSEX"

Actually these Falc's are pretty quick. I remember the first time I saw one when they first came out and I didn't realise they were Turb'd. Got my doors blown off.... can't remember what I was driving but I just know at the time that it was quicker than the NA Falc's at that time. Damn snail strapon got me though. 8/

nice pick up.

ok while its still under factory warrenty, take it to your local ford dealer ASAP.

have the rear centre and side diff bushes replaced.

also your rear upper outer arm bushes replaced, along with the rear lower front outer arm bushes replaced.

safe to do the front lower ball joints aswel.

make sure it has been log booked seviced,every 15K exhaust n inlet manifolds MUST be retensioned!!

but then again I'm just anal, coz i have to work on them EVERYDAY 8/

other than that, they are a pretty decent car.

but be sure to get it serviced regularly once its out of warrenty, they can be costly, unless you can do it all yourself.

cheers, scott

cheers for the heads up,

SCOTT: Its got a FSH, with receipts and its had the manifolds re-torqued. I'll get onto those bushes before its out of warranty though - good call.

It will only get about 12,000kms put on per year, so I planned to do an oil change (Nulon 10w/40 synthetic seems the oil of choice on the forum) at about 6000kms (about 6 months) and get it serviced by my mechanic yearly (for the logbook service). Will this be ok Scott?

AE174AGZE: stock exhaust will be staying put. Injectors and flash tune after warranty is out.

I've put in a BMC air filter panel. I've always used K&N filters but thought i'd give those Italians a go. I just put on some new tyres: Pirelli Dragons (had them on the ke20 and liked them) 235/45/17 - retailed for $318 per tyre but got them for $190 each.

Its funny though, even with only 26000kms its got a few Ford rattles and squeaks here and there with the interior bits and pieces.

you should be fine Jono, keep up regular logbook services and you shouldnt have any dramas.

just make sure your mechanic knows what to look out for.

eg: bushes, ball joints etc.

enjoy it.

they can get fun when you start adding bits.

like Ryan said 300+ is within easy reach.

PS wait till its out of warrenty :y:

cheers, scott

Cool, i really dig this model, a guy i know has a white one, has a 12000 dollar supercharger kit, aftermarket ecu etc. except his is the v8 version. same style though, great pick up :y:

Also my mate has one of six stock ea? flacons that came as a turbo 6. He is a Ford nut.

Looks great.

Travis.