4ac Or 4k?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking a similar thing yesterday. From my basic knowlege 4AC has more hp stock, apparently making it the obvious best choice in stock form. It also has a bigger capacity, which implies it would have more potential to be tuned but I've never seen a hard tuned 4AC. Is this because 4Ks are more tunable or do people just hate 4ACs for some reason.

I'm sure this has all been answered before but I just thought I'd broaden the question of the thread. I appologise for my noobity and lack of using the search function.

makes two of us flaming heads basically made my question what i wanted haha i wanna know this aswell

any help?

ae pig

EDIT:

yeh thats what I'm thinking

but i seem to only find stuff on here for the 4k?

are they similar or what?

will say extractors from a 4k fit onto a 4ac?

Edited by ae71piggie

the 4k is basically a smaller version of the 4ac and a cheaper version of the 4age

extractors wont fit

there are a couple modified 4ac putting round here, just with larger cams, extractors and a weber or two.

the 4age will slot right in with almost no modidication and give 40hp power increase.

if you go 4k you will straight away lose 30 hp and also have to spend alot of money to get it to same power as 4ac will be able to get to.

IMO keep the 4ac and save some money for a 4age or 4agte

Edited by kiahn

big tip, work on getting the rust out of her first if she has any.

not too sure on the 4ac but a pair of side draught webers or dellorto's should go good

along with a 264 or 272 cam and a set of extractors going to a 2.5 inch cat straight through system,

i would imagine this would be worth 20hp increase at least.

then maybe start to think about a cold air intake and start it all with a full engine reco to respawn the little beast before you start modding it

enjoy 8/

AC no doubt. but Kiahn hit the nail square on the head. Don't bother changing it to a 4K when a 4AGE is easier and will return greater divedends in the long-run.

Just revel in it's crap carby power and ability to laugh off anything like valve knocks and nitrous till you've saved up the $$$ to swap the the 'ol 4AGE. And when that time comes, this forum's great for technical advice + write-up's on such a build as it's common as, on account of it being so easy. Everyone has done it. Everyone.

Or you could go my way of wanting something a little different, and dropping in a 4AGZE, upgrade the supercharger to an SC14 + twincharging it... but hey, that's just me. 8/

Best of luck yo!

The 4ac is a perfectly good motor, I don't know why everyone rags on it.

Like mentioned, you'll have less power that you started with if you go for a K motor, and the money you'd spend to bring a K back on par would pay for a 4AGE conversion anyway.

big tip, work on getting the rust out of her first if she has any.

not too sure on the 4ac but a pair of side draught webers or dellorto's should go good

along with a 264 or 272 cam and a set of extractors going to a 2.5 inch cat straight through system,

i would imagine this would be worth 20hp increase at least.

then maybe start to think about a cold air intake and start it all with a full engine reco to respawn the little beast before you start modding it

enjoy 8/

^^^^^

Agreed - 4AC can be cheap fun, playing in NA land.

I have the above setup on mine and it does very well and hold it own. And if you lucky there are TRD bits for them too.

The 4ac is a perfectly good motor, I don't know why everyone rags on it.

Exactly True, The reason that 4AGE is soo popular is because of how easy they are to pull off and create good gains. Because of this popularity not many people know about the 4AC and the capabilities, I have tonnes of research and there are good 4AC forums where people get good infor from.

Besides any more than two valves per cylinder is excess weight 8/