Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke 25 73 Corolla Coupe Engine Swap

Featured Replies

Hey guys,

 

I have a 73 Corolla Hard Top Coupe which we have had in the paddock for a while just for fun. After siezing the engine the other week (didn't bother with any oil) I figured it might be worth while to get the beast back on the road with a newer, more powerful engine. Now, I don't want anything stupid but I would like a bit of power. The car will be a casual driver, once or twice a week will be all she will be driven.

 

Any thoughts on what engine to use?

 

I have thought 4AGE or 4AGZE and have heard this would be fairly straight forward. Was this ever in a front engine rear wheel drive car? It was in old MR2s but they are obviously mid engine. 3T was also suggested or 3S of sorts.

Any ideas or suggestions? I want to keep engine bay modification to a minimum, new mounts at very most. Wiring shouldn't be too much of an issue ( I am an electrical engineer and should be able to figure it out eventually).

 

Any thoughts would be great. Any links to people who have done something like this would also be great. I've found a few, but none that explain how difficult each was to complete.

 

Thanks,

Nathan.

So what is the purpose of this car?

Is it a paddock basher or a registered road car?

 

Best place to start for ideas would be having a good look in the rollaclub rides section at what other have done in KE2X's.

real simple converion would be to stick with a K motor, 5k or 7k

 

otherwise id look at putting a 12A NA in it, very simple conversion that would cost roughly the same as a 4age IMO

 

12A stock port+5 spd box from an early RX7 can be had for around $1200, obviously more/less depending on condition

 

that will give you over 100rwhp

Hey guys,

 

I have a 73 Corolla Hard Top Coupe which we have had in the paddock for a while just for fun. After siezing the engine the other week (didn't bother with any oil) I figured it might be worth while to get the beast back on the road with a newer, more powerful engine. Now, I don't want anything stupid but I would like a bit of power. The car will be a casual driver, once or twice a week will be all she will be driven.

 

Any thoughts on what engine to use?

 

I have thought 4AGE or 4AGZE and have heard this would be fairly straight forward. Was this ever in a front engine rear wheel drive car? It was in old MR2s but they are obviously mid engine. 3T was also suggested or 3S of sorts.

Any ideas or suggestions? I want to keep engine bay modification to a minimum, new mounts at very most. Wiring shouldn't be too much of an issue ( I am an electrical engineer and should be able to figure it out eventually).

 

Any thoughts would be great. Any links to people who have done something like this would also be great. I've found a few, but none that explain how difficult each was to complete.

 

Thanks,

 

Nathan.

$$$$?

I'd go with some sort of 4AG(Z)E setup. 4A series engines were installed factory in a couple of different model front engine rear wheel drive models (AE86 and AE71). Do a search for info, but basically get the engine and gearbox, modify engine and gearbox mounts, EFI fuel and wiring, install a hydraulic clutch and you are good to go

Edited by machg

best to sell the ke25 and f@$k something else up.

 

like a datsun.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.