Egr Valve

ksev

Members dont see this ad

my dad just took his off his mitsubishi triton and it runs fine.

but only because his was rusted through

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhaust_gas_recirculation

wiki basically says that it recirculates the exhaust gases to reduce the heat of the combustion so that it reduces NOx emissions

which would no doubt reduce power

ok thanks guys for ur help.

i cut it out, now it doesnt run very smooth it will die after about 10 sec of idleing

and when it does idel it will only idel on hight revs if i adjust the revs down

it will just die.

could this be a vacume problem cause all the hoses are bloked off apart from the dizzy advance

or could it be running heaps rich??

cheers alex

coln, u think cops still notice these days if theres a ball bearing in the hose if its hooked up from one point to the other, most of them would be looking for things they find on more modern engines..

rob, you may be right, but i doubt its much to worry about :dance: i was getting 8L/100km in my old tired 4K ke70 with no EGR and driving it like a hoon.

coln, u think cops still notice these days if theres a ball bearing in the hose if its hooked up from one point to the other, most of them would be looking for things they find on more modern engines./quote]

Yes. Its a lot easier for them to check a few hoses on an old engine than heaps on a modern one.

lol coln do you cruise much? cops about the place are much more interested in show off valves and the usual too low/too loud combination to worry about emissions gear.

i had the head of the QLD hoon squad pull me over, every bit of emission gear is gone except for the charcoal canister, all he didnt like under the bonnet was the cable ties holding my air filter cover on my weber on...

I haven't been hassled by the police since I owned a commodore... something about that magical combination, P plate plus Commodore, seems to set them off somewhat.

I've never had omg fully sic chromies, canons, front mount intercoolers, bov's (never owned a turbo actually) and I normally attribute that to why I never get hassled. I reckon a grumpy little n/a motor is much more fun than a turbo engine anyway...

Robert.

Obviously the cops are dumb in QLD :dance:

mmmmm... I've probably pulled a few more laps cruising than most of you young wippersnappers. The favorite trick of the local cops was to block of the exits of the local hangout - a car park in the center of town - and to roadworthy every car that was in the car park before it was let out.

I'm not saying you wont get away with it once or twice but eventually you will meet an old school copper that knows about older engines and if you piss him or her off then you will be in trouble.

I never said not to remove or block the pollution gear, I just said to be sneaky about it. I used to run a 5k with the pollution hoses basically there, but they were just super glued to the motor roughly close to where they should have been. Did the same thing to a Holden six to get it through a RWC. Some of the connector/plugs were missing so we just glued the hoses to the thermostat housing :bash:

Edited by coln72

coln, thats a trick up here, industrial estates on thursday nights.

undercover cars rock up, park the entries in, then the flashing lights show up and set up full road blocks.

over 200 cars defected in one night a while back, i was driving home about 1 in the morning, saw a heap of people walking and they waved me down (1g ke70, big tyres, big front mount etc) telling me to keep my eyes open and to keep away from the estates that night. apparently theyd all had their cars impounded.

but as ella said, too low, too loud, atmo BOV and "driving to create excessive noise" are the top cards up here these days.

not many cars making enough of a nuisance of themselves missing emissions gear these days.

and the cops don't know what year car should what, so as long as its all neat and nothing obviously blocked they usually don't look any further