Auto To Manual Transmission Wires?

51IPA

Members dont see this ad
well on my AE71 i found a plug mounted on the fire wall of the engine bay where i used a couple of wires to get my reverse lights to work maybe its there?

hope this helps

Nah that's not the wires I'm thinkin of mate, they are the ones that are down near the gearstick that used to plug into the auto tranny but now that that's gone there's just six random wires there and a couple havto be coneected to each other to close the circut for the cars to start I don't know which ones they are tho. Cheers

well on my AE71 i found a plug mounted on the fire wall of the engine bay where i used a couple of wires to get my reverse lights to work maybe its there?

hope this helps

Nah that's not the wires I'm thinkin of mate, they are the ones that are down near the gearstick that used to plug into the auto tranny but now that that's gone there's just six random wires there and a couple havto be coneected to each other to close the circut for the cars to start I don't know which ones they are tho. Cheers

If you still have the auto shifter handy, disassemble it and find which two wires are triggered when the car is in "park" once you work that out, just link those cables (or fit a little switch to act as a kill switch if you desire), and it'll start every time.....

It's what I did with mine.... But I no longer have it, so I can't check them for you.......

Are the six cables in a single plug or 2 separate ones?

Good luck

If you still have the auto shifter handy, disassemble it and find which two wires are triggered when the car is in "park" once you work that out, just link those cables (or fit a little switch to act as a kill switch if you desire), and it'll start every time.....

It's what I did with mine.... But I no longer have it, so I can't check them for you.......

Good luck

There's no plugs on there man. I bought the car with the tranny ready to go in so I'm unsure what was done before that? There are like six cables no plugs

Good luck

The six wires will be for three things, if it the same as my holden i just switched.

1 - Reverse lights

2 - Park kill switch

3 - Kickdown

You'll just need to figure out which ones do which, you obviously wont need a kickdown anymore, but the other reverse lights should have a connection somewhere. Park kill switch is optional aswell, but as mentioned above you could turn it into a normal kill switch by inserting a switch!

Cheers

By the way, the kickdown wires should be easy elimanate as they will go to a microswitch near the accelerator pedal

Edited by nikctime21

There's no plugs on there man. I bought the car with the tranny ready to go in so I'm unsure what was done before that? There are like six cables no plugs

Cross the wires at random until the car starts?

*wait a sec* There should be one or two plugs that you would have disconnected from the auto shifter, those are the ones I was referring to, the one with only 2 cables is the one you need to jump, the other one controls your reverse lights, and that's not hard to hotwire once you work out which one is the sender from the gearbox itself....... You'll also need to replace the starter solenoid in the engine bay with one from a manual car........

Edited by Toy-Yoda

Cross the wires at random until the car starts?

*wait a sec* There should be one or two plugs that you would have disconnected from the auto shifter, those are the ones I was referring to, the one with only 2 cables is the one you need to jump, the other one controls your reverse lights, and that's not hard to hotwire once you work out which one is the sender from the gearbox itself....... You'll also need to replace the starter solenoid in the engine bay with one from a manual car........

Haha the car was running because my mate got the wires connected but another mate thought they were nothing so he pulled them apart but apparently only two wires need to be connected for the car to start and another two for the reverse lights. Its just a matter of knowing how to figure out which ones are which. Any ideas?

The wiring runs over to the left hand kick panel, inside it there is a plug which has the wires for start relay in it and the wires for the light under the shifter.

the two wires for the park/start are the same colour (can think of it at the moment but will have a look in the book), I just made a plug with two crimp lugs and a short piece of wire on it to short it out.

Wires are white with black trace

Edited by Crostek

The wiring runs over to the left hand kick panel, inside it there is a plug which has the wires for start relay in it and the wires for the light under the shifter.

the two wires for the park/start are the same colour (can think of it at the moment but will have a look in the book), I just made a plug with two crimp lugs and a short piece of wire on it to short it out.

Wires are white with black trace

Okay mate. Let me know.

Thanks to altezzaclub

The wiring for the reverse lights is quite different. The manual box has a plug on the front, the auto car has it by the gearlever. I spliced the two together and bridged the "start only in park" wires. On the auto gearlever, the red pair are the reverse lights and the black pair are the "park" lock. The other pair are for the light inside the auto lever at night. ..use them for your incar floros..

RGleverwiringdone.jpg