Ke55 Possible Clutch Problems?

I bought my KE55 about a week ago off a friend of a friend for $300 so i figured it won't be perfect. When accelerating with the clutch out the car makes a sort of whining noise, it's kinda hard to describe. Just wondering if anyone can give me some insight into what might be wrong, someone suggested the clutch to me. I don't know all that much about mechanical stuff so i figured someone may be able to help. Thanks.

Members dont see this ad

Getting a replacement gearbox would be the way to go. You could upgrade to a 5spd while doing so!

If you can do the work yourself (and/or get some mates to help) you'd be looking at $100-$300 for a

second hand gearbox plus a good, fun days work!

Good luck.

Doing the work myself would pretty much be out of the question haha, i know almost nothing about all that stuff let alone pulling it apart then getting it back together, don't have any friends that know alot about it either that i know of. But thanks heaps for the advice everyone. So, anyone got a good 5spd box for a ke55 they want to get rid of cheap? =P

You know nothing now but in a years time you'll have a great deal of knowledge. When I got my first KE30 I didn't know how to change a gearbox. But a mate helped me out and from then I've known. you just need someone to show you ay.