What To Choose

matty_boi

hi guys.. I'm tossing up between two cars.. both are ae92 sx.. one has a 4agze running 10psi, and the other has a 100kw 4age... i wanna do some small mods, i no the 4agze doesnt have the TVIS and I'm just wondering if anyone would no what the benefits would be and the negatives would be for both engines, to sort of steer me in the right direction..

any help woulod be appreciated :y:

Members dont see this ad
hi guys.. I'm tossing up between two cars.. both are ae92 sx.. one has a 4agze running 10psi, and the other has a 100kw 4age... i wanna do some small mods, i no the 4agze doesnt have the TVIS and I'm just wondering if anyone would no what the benefits would be and the negatives would be for both engines, to sort of steer me in the right direction..

any help woulod be appreciated :y:

Id pick the one that runs the best, and with the most clean body.

I'm happy to do major mods if need be however.

Theres too many fast cars in this world with zero maintenance. Id buy the one that is less of a lemon, whichever that is.

mate I'm with littleredspirit

who cares if you buy the one with the most power it might be full of rust or bog have mismatching panel and might have been owned by some rev head driver who has thrased the livin day lights out of it

its easy to fix or change a motor but body work is way harder and everyone else can see it they can't see wats under your hood.

And that's why one-owner, full service-history granny/pa cars are "worth" so much and sought after :)

Also choose which one you LIKE the most. Good luck and hope to see a project thread!

"it might be full of rust or bog have mismatching panel"

My dad owns a panel shop lol...

well, there probably in around about the same condition, the 100kw is red, the 4agze is white... I'm leaning more towards the 4agze, purely coz the conversion looks like it has been done properly..

Just to add another dimension to this, what sort of stuff can i do to the 4agze to get some more power out of it? i wanna put a front mount on it, and maybe a different pulley to get some more boost.. I guess I'm aiming for around 14psi?? Am i aiming too high? What sort of power figures should i expect if I boost it to 14psi? are there any other small mods I can do to tweak it a little?

Thanks everyone for your opinions.. Its hard to get answers to these sorts of questions when all your mates are bragging about their GEN 3's lol

i should be getting the car in 2 weeks and will definately be putting it in the projects threads :)

GZE is the really the best option here IMHO. Better engine out of the box and much more potential if you're modifying for power later on.

Remove supercharger, fit T28 BB turbo from an S15. Aftermarket ecu, tune, fmic & zorst should keep you happy for a while. You'll end up with ~160fwkw setup properly.

If you must stick with s/c upgrade to an SC14.

Tell your mates with Gen 3s to choke on it when your whole engine package costs less than their gearbox rebuild. :) I paid $2200 to get the auto in my VTII SS recod :P After that sold the car and bought two rollas :P :)

GZE is the really the best option here IMHO. Better engine out of the box and much more potential if you're modifying for power later on.

Remove supercharger, fit T28 BB turbo from an S15. Aftermarket ecu, tune, fmic & zorst should keep you happy for a while. You'll end up with ~160fwkw setup properly.

If you must stick with s/c upgrade to an SC14.

Tell your mates with Gen 3s to choke on it when your whole engine package costs less than their gearbox rebuild. :) I paid $2200 to get the auto in my VTII SS recod :( After that sold the car and bought two rollas :P :P

thanks heaps for your help mate, and your right, I'm buying a corolla sx cheaper than what my mate paid for his driveshafts lol

well looks like I'm gonna go with the 4agze, not just coz its charged, but i c a lot more potential in it..

will keep everyone posted with how i go :)