Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trev's 1990 Fzr250rr (yamaha)

Featured Replies

I love bikes but will never own one as it was made quite clear to me by my own mother that she herself will kill me if I do. So in for a wait lol. Glad to hear you went for good gear after the stack, even happier to hear no major/life-threatening injuries.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 89.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Just do what I did and just go out one day and buy one, dad always hated bikes, he has now had 2 :P

 

I rode it for about 1.5 months after the stack and then the mrs decided she would 'get back at me' by damaging the bike, a fair bit has happened over the last year and a bit but it still hasn't hit the road again, I am actually thinking about selling it.

Just do what I did and just go out one day and buy one, dad always hated bikes, he has now had 2 :P

 

I rode it for about 1.5 months after the stack and then the mrs decided she would 'get back at me' by damaging the bike, a fair bit has happened over the last year and a bit but it still hasn't hit the road again, I am actually thinking about selling it.

 

I could just go out & get one, but unfortunately too many people who know me also know & talk to my parentals. My dad would be grumpy at first but would get used to the idea, but I kid you not my mother's so dead set against the idea that she seemed almost relieved when I told her that I was modifying/improving my corolla. That was until I took her for a drive in it & she realised just how quick they are!! I also have the distinct feeling that I would be one of the people who wear all the right protective gear, go through defensive riding courses etc but do something stupid just once on the road & turn themselves into part of the landscape/new car hood ornament :blush:

 

The mrs decided to do what........!?!?! Oh man, thats low! Hopefully it was just cosmetic, easily fixable damage? Lifes like that, its nice & cruisy for a while then out of nowhere slaps you in the face as if to say "didnt see that coming did ya?" :owned:

Motor vehicles & women are much the same, they both take all your time, energy & money. The only difference is the motor vehicle doesnt bitch at you & its not socially appropriate to sleep with your motor vehicle :?

Edited by carbonboy

  • 8 months later...

Wow, looks like you got lucky with the fall. Got done speeding up there probably near where you stacked it last weekend, got till 1st to hand in license :( Will be lots of riding then if the weather is half decent.

  • Author

Wow, looks like you got lucky with the fall. Got done speeding up there probably near where you stacked it last weekend, got till 1st to hand in license :( Will be lots of riding then if the weather is half decent.

 

I will come ride your bike for you :P

 

I actually got into the shed the other day and ran my bike for a while but realised it still has a charging issue, I dunno if the magneto is shagged or if the harness is playing up, it has a brand new regulator and when I fitted it all the tests on the magneto confirmed is was working, shit is getting annoying.

 

19914afc, if someone that has been riding bikes longer then you says to you 'your front brakes need attention' don't reply with 'nah tyou are just too fat as they stop me fine' my ignorance is what caused my accident.

  • 5 months later...
  • Author

Has been a busy last 2 months, bike was stripped down again to a rolling chassis (with engine still bolted in) and every item that was black was cleaned up and repainted matt black, wiring harness cleaned up and wrapped, all new radiator hoses, engine covers resealed, got the best parts out of both bikes and used the better ones, new spark plugs and oil filter again and fixing up the exhaust so it has exup working.

 

I am also waiting on a second hand right hand switch panel to arrive from the UK as I want to be able to turn the lights off (grey imports switches are forced on and removed).

 

Have just purchased 2 brand new cowl covers for the air intakes and am probably getting 2 brand new exup cables.

 

Getting a full set of brand new indicators for it shortly.

 

Fork seals look like they are also going to be getting done.

 

Going to inspect the brakes while they are off and see if it is worth kitting them.

 

New battery will also be getting done.

 

There is part of an exhaust stud stuck in the head (no wonder there was only 7 in it) so I am getting a mobile thread repair guy to come and do it (90 - 110) as I would rather someone else that does it for a living do it.

 

Once tax time comes about I am getting a brand new (aftermarket but the same colour) fairing kit for it which is only $450

 

And I am also thinking about getting the tank sealed.

 

So this will be a bit of a big overhaul but it is worth it and I don't care what the cost is at the end of it as it already owes me more then I would ever get back.

 

Forgot to add that I am also getting a personalised plate for it.

Edited by Trev

  • Author

Took the rear wheel off earlier so I could polish it up and I slid the drive coupling off to find that someone had put some electrical tape around the dampers so I removed it and the play is fairly aggressive (sigh), looks like more new stuff to come.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Ordered a plate for it.

 

post-1373-0-61132800-1339680634.gif

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Who says you can't buy brand new genuine parts for a 22 year old import cheaply?

 

post-1373-0-89888700-1342618252_thumb.jpg

 

post-1373-0-93303700-1342618344_thumb.jpg

 

Pic 2 (minus the cable) is what you would get here in Aus for just over 200 bucks (I priced it), I paid $76 shipped to my door.

  • Author

Took the rear wheel off earlier so I could polish it up and I slid the drive coupling off to find that someone had put some electrical tape around the dampers so I removed it and the play is fairly aggressive (sigh), looks like more new stuff to come.

 

New dampers installed, coupling is now a forced fit and has no play :thumbsup:

Nice score on both the plate & the parts, especially the price. It is a big overhaul & I realise you like/love the bike so you don't care too much about the cost, but it's always nice to spend less than you thought you'd have to. :y: The full fairing kit also seems quite cheap too.

  • Author

Nice score on both the plate & the parts, especially the price. It is a big overhaul & I realise you like/love the bike so you don't care too much about the cost, but it's always nice to spend less than you thought you'd have to. :y: The full fairing kit also seems quite cheap too.

 

People often say that I am stupid for spending money on it and that I should just buy something bigger but this bike is what I have always wanted.

People often say that I am stupid for spending money on it and that I should just buy something bigger but this bike is what I have always wanted.

Best 250cc of the era IMO. So much fun to ride, just like a bmx!!

  • Author

I would love to et a bigger bike but would prefer to use it for racing only.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.