Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Headlight Switching

Featured Replies

Hi all, new to the forum and can't wait to resolve some issues with my 4K.

 

So when I am driving at night with the headlights on, everytime my blinkers auto-disengage after turning, my headlights switch off and then come back on anywhere from just under 1 second to over 2 seconds. It is causing frustration as people get intimidated by me thinking I'm flashing them.

 

My guess is its the alternator, but I would just like to confirm.

 

Thanks!

  • Author
More than likely you have a faulty combo switch..

 

hmmm that sounds very plausible. In fact the whole set of switches on the steering column is causing me issues including the hazards switch. I'll go to a wreckers and get a new one.

 

Thank you

Make sure you don't buy another faulty one. The weakest point in these combo's is near the base of the indicator stalk. The wires get bent in that place a lot so they wear through and short out. When I had this happen in my AE71 a few years back I just replaced the three wires inside the stalk. Good for another 20 years that way :D

It is causing frustration as people get intimidated by me thinking I'm flashing them.

Wow, I can't imagine anyone getting intimidated by a Corolla.

My charge light comes on on every flash when I put on my blinkers. You think you have problems!

Make sure you don't buy another faulty one. The weakest point in these combo's is near the base of the indicator stalk. The wires get bent in that place a lot so they wear through and short out. When I had this happen in my AE71 a few years back I just replaced the three wires inside the stalk. Good for another 20 years that way :)

 

yeah small electrical stuff like that i think its better to repair than replace with another 20 odd year old part :lolcry:

 

I'm actually looking at changing the whole stick on my ke70, it just seems a bit flimsy haha :P

  • 1 month later...
yeah small electrical stuff like that i think its better to repair than replace with another 20 odd year old part :P

 

I'm actually looking at changing the whole stick on my ke70, it just seems a bit flimsy haha :rock:

 

I bought a brand new combo switch from Phil's Rotary's in Brisbane.

He sells them on ebay for about $125.

 

Solved a few of my electrical problems.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.