20V_KE35

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

long - slightly longer mainfold will give u good low to mid rpm rev, high rpm rev u r going 2 suffer

short - shorter or nearer to the engine intake u is design for high rpm rev

COOKIE ALREADY ANSWERED FOR YOU!!! :down: :) :)

:lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: yeah right....i ask about trumpet...not manifold lenght... :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :jamie: :jamie: :drgrim: :drgrim: :hammer: :hammer:

20v_ke35: Umm.... By manifold, we mean what you just posted a photo of. So that bolts on to the head, then the throttle bodies bolt on to the manifold, then the trumpets bolt on to the throttle bodies, then you put air filters over the trumpets. Well, unless you run an airbox over the trumpets...

But yes, true you can have long and short manifolds (which I think makes some difference to throttle response as you have more or less "free air" between the throttle body and the piston), but ultimately it is the combined length of everything that makes a difference, and yes, making the trumpet longer will have the same sort of effect as making the manifold longer.

so, short or longer the lenght is depend on to the lenght of the original manifold. right? :)

d length of d trumpet depends on ur application use

eg:

low rev longer trumpet

high rev shorter trumpet

Note : this is on theory onli u still need 2 based on proper calculation n etc......... by d experts :down:

Hi guys.. I'm newbie here.. from KL Malaysia... I was in Hobart, Tassie for 3 1/2 years from 1995 - 1998.... now own a KE70 with 4AGE 16V engine. Hope can learn more from RollaClub on how to refurnbish my car to prestine condition... :D

kenlevin86

welcome aboard man

psssttt.......... guys his car is super fast KE70 :P

I'm looking to do a hilux diff conversion to my ke70 with sr20det in KL. but issit hard or better get the r31 skyline diff?

any idea's? currently still using the standard ke70 diff running low boost..

my friend used a Hilux as he mention easier 2 mod

anyway there r a lot of Teachers here who can answer ur question :P

ke70power: Best to ask the question in the general mechanical section, as more people read there. This section is better for posting things that are specific to Malaysian members (ie, meet ups, which shop is good, where to get something in Malaysia, conversations for malaysian members etc etc etc)

Anwway to get you started, Hilux or R31, both will require shortening (unless you can find the very rare Hilux with the short axles, I forget what year or model). I'm not sure about Hilux, but with R31 you can get away with shortening 1 axle, because the standard R31 diff has 1 long and 1 short axle.

Hilux is stronger (I think), and has much better ratios, better sort of LSD, but there are a few downfalls:

- heavy

- wrong stud pattern

- drum brakes

R31 diff has cone type LSD which isn't as effective, or durable as clutch type in Hilux. Gear ratios, you are more or less limited to 4.1, 3.9, 3.7 etc. I think 4.1 was from auto Pintara? But, it has correct stud pattern (4x114.3) and it has disc brakes.

Both of them should be about the same amount of work to fit in a KE70, I would think. And both will handle SR20DET power. So the rest is up to you :P

Edited by demuire

hi guys,

yala..that why i ask here..i kinda know what i want but dunno if any shop in KL do or not?

cookie, ur fren did at what workshop ah? u guys reccomend any shop in KL ah?

i know mesia boleh, but this diff conversion..i dunno wherether can do or not..not alot of shop do rite?

thanks