4k Or ?

hey everyone. sorri ive started another one of THESE threads.

just bought a ke55 and it has the slant 4k in it.

would i be better of geting a different engine or moding the one got? I'm a mechanic so the work and parts wont be a problem. I'm thinking a bigport n/a engine with a high comp ratio. any ideas would b good. thanks :dance:

Members dont see this ad
  • 1 month later...

a rebuilt 5k is an top engine on a budget mine is balanced has a reground cam a 4k-c head with oversize valves and custom porting. induction is taken care of by a reworked manifold has been opened up internally with the use of sand blasting, top of maniold has been modified to accept a 32-36 dgv webber is ok on juice has exelent throttle response but loads up on prolonged idling you can fix this by using smaller idle jets topped off with a ramflow air filter genie 4-2-1 extractors into a 1 7/8 pipe get rid pf the gases all up has cost around $600 including the price of the motor. it imbarases some newer small cars even beaten the odd v6 commo and falc 6 if you can try to do most of the work yourself not only is it cheaper its also rewarding and benifical.

U want quick and easy??? SUPERCHARGE IT!!!!! The best thing being...that you wont have to take the engine out....I have had my supercharger on 5 or 6 dead standard billion kilometre old 4K's and they last about a year each (with VERY hard driving) and they go great...Being a mechanic....You would easily get away under $500 to supercharge it

i would do an engine conversion. it is not like you don't have the room in a ke55 engine bay.

if you had a ke10 i would say work the 4k, then you can waste v6s on a regular basis. 5ks are even better. :) but in a ke55 which is around 200kgs heavier i wouldn't bother...conversion time.

We've put a 7k in our ke55 and are about to add

twin su's and electronic ignition. With the 4 to 1

extractors and 2" sports system it has plenty of

low down power. We will eventually add a blower

but i wonder if the longer stroke of the motor is suited.

A 4.2l rover motor is an option. Iam told they

squeeze in and they are light