Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Disc Brakes

Featured Replies

I have searched the forums and found nothing to help. (maybe I missed).

What is involved in fitting the disc brakes (front) to my ke35 coupe from my ke55 coupe?

 

The ke35 has front drums..........is there anything preventing a straight swap?

 

Thanks in advance for anyone's helpful advice.

I'm not sure about the diffrences to the corona and RA40 celica struts, looking at planet fookstar pics they look thesame.

 

I just finished fitting the RA40 struts,lower control arm with steering arm to my KE30...i took me a total of 4 hours to do the job.

everything bolts up. i had to change the lower spring plate off the ke30 strut, so youll need a welder or someone that can weld, use the ke30 tops and jobs done.

the wheel sits out approx 10mm more. i think i may have alittle positive camber, but ill know when i take it for a wheel aligment.

 

I'm on the look out for adjustable camber tops so i can add a little more negitive camber.

  • Author

Yes......my ke35 coupe has drums all round.

 

If I can't find a new master cylinder, I may try to put the brakes from the ke55 onto it.

they all had discs from factory, even jdm ke3x came with the same brakes as aus ke3x. but it's hard to tell what's original and what's not on a 30 yearold car

 

either way, if they're corolla struts, then corolla disc brakes will bolt onto them, as described here under ke1x upgrade

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.