• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome

RAC badge, nice touch!

yeah, got lucky with that one on ebay......$27

Jeez mate that is sensational! Curb feelers would rock. 100% grandpa FTW!!!!!

gotta get the dash mat and venetian first, then i can *try* and convince Kate to let me put some on. :)

Very nice indeed, be great to see this out on a few cruises in future.

where were you saturday??? anyway, the old jap cruise will happen again later, def get your butt there :)

• 4 weeks later...

i picked up a 5ME dissy and ignitor, had to fix the negative wire from the ignitor to the plug, as it had been broken right near the plug. there wasn't much left sticking out of the plug to strip and get a proper join, so i ended up taking the pins outta the plug and joining the original wire half way along.

as the bit that stops the dissy rotating on the 5ME one wouldn't line up properly (the slotted bit that the bolt goes thru to stop the dissy rotating) i had to run a thin bit of rubber between the original 4M dissy stay as it was a bit loose on the 5ME dissy. the 4M one has a slight step at the base of the dissy head, where the 5ME doesn't. no big problem, just a little messing around.

it's now all in and working perfectly, timing set at 12 degrees. it's soo much nicer to hear it firing on all six cylinders. no more grumpy engine in the cold Bacchus mornings! :lolcry:

• 1 month later...

holy hell, it's been a while since i opened this thread :locked:

as some of you may know, the crown has been back to the place it all begain, TMCAL HQ in Port Melb.

it was part of their 50 year anniversary of the first Toyota to roll off the production line at the Port Melb factory, which just so happened to line up with the new camry hybrid having started production 50 years after the first one.

so they got a few original classic (and some not so classic) AMI built toyota's and put on a bit of a show for some heavy hitters from TMC in Japan.

pics are still uploading, so check the post below (soon) for some pics of the evening.

dF

P1010402.jpg

P1010416.jpg

P1010417.jpg

P1010418.jpg

P1010421.jpg

i have a few more pics waiting to be picked up from Peter when i go back to the toyota offices and pick it up next tuesday......

i'm currently driving a loan car from them, as they were so gracious for being able to have the crown. see you all tomorrow night at the pub :locked:

dF