Vic Motorkhana Round 19th June

coln72

If it is cancelled... we call it a RollaClub Vic Members meet and we all go out for a drink or something... so to make the trips worth the while.

You'll have to excuse me in my Commodore :P No rolla yet :D

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came back from there. I had to leave early because mum needs my assistance around the house (she's sick :) )

BUT... I must say Colin knows how to through his toy around! Good stuff! Good to see the rollaclub support too. Kangaroosa, Coln72, KE30Coupe... pleasure meeting you boys... and I noticed Kanga kept a smile on his face when he didn't notice the Commodore too close to the car park (didn't wanna cramp his style :D) That light blue rolla that was there was boogying too! This morning has inspired me to keep with the 5K option I think.. It's gutsy enough for what I wanna do to the rolla. After all, I'm more concerned with the stereo install anyway :D hahaha (Typical maco.. I know, well, I am from the northern suburbs, don't forget)

Highlight for the morning... a Cooper decided to try and take a sharp corner and re-adjust his rear camber setting... IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION! :) hahahahaha 45 degree angle! Gets outside the car and looks, shakes his head... looks in his wallet and says OUCH! hahahahaha

Fun morning.... and next time... I'll want to bring a RollaClub BEANIE!!!! I was frozen!!!

So what were the results, Colin? Any more footage after I left, Darren?

Edited by Tiger

It was great to finally catch up with the Vic members. Great day of racing and i'll get some footage up as soon as i work out how to get it off the camera. :)

Yep, there was plenty more footage taken after you left John. Unfortunately i didnt get Colins smoke show. It was a course that involved mainly right hand turn donuts, which filled up his rocker cover and proceded to billow smoke out the exhaust. No doubting Colins driving abilities either. He definately knows his way around that car. :D

Ohh and a Rollaclub beanie is a must for next time.

Yeah, interesting afternoon.

I love peoples reactions when the car oils up - they range from cheers when they think its tyre smoke (I WISH), through to pity as they think its died a glorious death.

The best part about the mini was the fact that they repaired it and it returned to the competition.

I loved the afternoon tests, Locker heaven :)

PS. I thought I drove like crap yesterday.........

Yeah, interesting afternoon.

I love peoples reactions when the car oils up - they range from cheers when they think its tyre smoke (I WISH), through to pity as they think its died a glorious death.

The best part about the mini was the fact that they repaired it and it returned to the competition.

I loved the afternoon tests, Locker heaven :)

PS. I thought I drove like crap yesterday.........

Yeah man I thought you drove like crap as well :D

Nah mate it was a good day out. Seeing your rolla smoke up like that I actually thought "Oh no he has broken something" but as Kangaroosa pointed out it was just all those right hand turns loading the oil up.

Hope you do end up winning it mate.....don't want to be beaten by a starion do you :D

PS I am now even more inspired to get my rolla back together so I can start doing the motokhanas :)

Just glad Redrwf didn't show he would have really kicked some arse.

(and stuffed up my chances for a class win which I think I might have pulled off even though I hit two flags :D )

Col, you were quick enough when I left, and I'm fairly sure you haven't got any slower. Don't so sure I'm quicker than you are these days!

Good to see Corolla's still taking out Class C! :)

Is Spanners car STILL going?? That thing has been going around longer than the Dwarf has, and it's been around a while... Is he slowing down in his old age? Only 3 cars in Class C :), gone are the haydays of 8 cars, all of which could win....

Edited by Redwarf

Its still going, but now its being trailered to events. Its getting pampered in its old age. And yep he is as quick as he has always been.

It was a small field all round. Shitty weather kept people away. Think I saw a brass monkey looking for a welder.............

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the results today and it was a Corolla 1-2 in class C with me in 2nd place (missed out by 5 sec) to Brians KE25. We also finished 9th and 12 outright respectively as well.

We were over a minute ahead of third place by the way :P