Ke30 - Diffs And Tyres

Beauc

Does anybody know the biggest tyre that you will fit under a standard ke30 wheel arch?

What is the better option for a diff conversion without spending loads on say the likes of cutting

down a hilux and modifying it?

Anyone done mini tubs before?

Sorry if they have been answered before but search is a c**t.

Members dont see this ad

I have had a 205 tyre under the front of a KE35. My rears are flared so I don't know whether the 205 would also fit under the rear.

By the looks of your signature you are putting a rotary in the car. I would suggest you go to the effort of doing a hilux type conversion. My race car has a T-series (Celica/Corona) rear end in it but I don't think it would last that long behind a serious horsepower engine.

I have had a 205 tyre under the front of a KE35. My rears are flared so I don't know whether the 205 would also fit under the rear.

By the looks of your signature you are putting a rotary in the car. I would suggest you go to the effort of doing a hilux type conversion. My race car has a T-series (Celica/Corona) rear end in it but I don't think it would last that long behind a serious horsepower engine.

Yeah might have to spend the money, i've had an rx7 with hiflow turbo etc and it will be more than enough with something like that in the corolla, thanks for the info dude.

Also, anyone reccomend a particular model of hilux diff or diff ratio to choose? I want it to be fairly aggressive

but still have a bit left in the top end..

I had 205's running under stock rear guards. could probably get away with 215's under a stock guard with some clearance on the inside. Ive had a look underneath a 55 on a rotiserie and even if you mini tub the rear you can't go much further without coming too close to the leaf spring.

• 1 month later...

I'm fairly sure 215/60r13 fits under a ke30 with the right offset.... JUST.... got to bash guards slightly...

I've got a toyota dyna in the yard being rebuild and I've been eyeing off the g142 diff in it, thinking about when the 4agte goes into the ke20, a G series diff *seems* like a bit of overkill, but every ratio known to man in lsd or open centre is available for it and you couldn't kill one!!

When the 4agte eventually happens I'm planning on making a GOOD job of it!

Robert.

a tape measure should confirm how wide the tyre can fit in the guard, then offset will be the governing factor as to how much of that measurement can fit under, or hangs out.

good luck :S

a ke30 should fit an 8" slick without tubbing, just won't be able to slam it on it's ass.

ke20's are known in the drag scene as having the largest rear wheel wells from factory (as far as jap stuff goes...)

i'll be keen to see what you end up doing :dance:

-dave

• 1 month later...