Is This A Good Price

John Deere

a friend of mine is selling his 3t-gteu for $1000. i had a look at the motor last nite and i want to buy it the only thing is that it is spread out through about 3 sheds. up side is that it has all seals gasgets new pistons ECU everything including a spare Block and head minus internals. does this sound like a good price to pay.

Members dont see this ad

choke....... nissan :) hehehe

rb is a big motor to fit into a small bay too. for ca's there are many ca18det aftermarket parts and performance bits are common and not too expensive etc

the 3tgte has many easy and economical performance upgrades and it toyota tough. it is sometimes hard to get parts for though but doesnt break as often as other tempermental engines.

the bonus with buying older engines is that they don't have billions of gizmos and goodies to make it run, although older engines it can be a pain to find some parts due to their rarity.

Edited by styler

he's also a freind of mine and I went with (john deere) to also

have a look at a 2T-GEU and 3T-GTE turbo manifold, I hope to

get it for about $500.

I'm also getting a T18 minus the gear box for $50.

So i'm going to build a 2T/3T-GTE hybrid... :)

back to the subject there is also a KE 35 that HAD the 2T-G

in it, hot wire's, lowerd, for $1000

Not to shabby at all

yea true it is all relative but as some of you know i don't know much about these toyota motors. i have always been a fan of the SR nissan motors and the CAs have a few common falts but the motor will fit with out much work or money which is the main thing.

the main idea is to keep cost down and proformance up. i think the motor will make good power even being standard. front mount exaust and computer and ive got more again. true it hasnt got all the extra technology in it but for the first motor conversion and rebiuld i do i think it is a good starting point.

i just want the car for a bit of cheap fun so i think it will go well. but thanks for everyones input because thats what i needed.

if i also buy the KE35 i should be able to get the car and engine biult up and running for between $3K-4K which is cheap. when you compare that to a 4AG or SR conversion where that amount would only just scrape the surface.

when i put the 2T in my old red rolla the total cost was about

$700 - $900.

$700 of it payed for my 2door, going with rego, new paint job, 13in

mags and that also came with the 2T, all i did was swap it all over

and beeing the first time to ever do a engine conversion it only took

me 2 days to do it...

AND SORRY THE 2T DID BOLT IN

then when i got my white rolla (auto) all i had to do was to put a

manual pedal box in and the master cylender, which i got from a

freind for about $30. the only new thing's i got was the slave

cylender and sports muffler with a 4inch dumpy, all up it costed

me about $500.