Slack Wreckers

Rolla_Baby

Members dont see this ad

One place i dealt with p1ssed me off on numerous occasions. The first time i asked the owner if he had any KE20's, he said no while he was standing not 2 meters from one. I then inquired about a price for the front hubs. He told me he wasn't going to pull the car apart and it was mine for $500. I don't think the car had a panel that didn't have a cricket ball sized rust hole in it.

On another occasion i was after some 4 x 110 mazda van rims. Upon my first request he said he had some on a van and would get them off. After calling in twice a week for 2 months i told him in no uncertain terms that i would stand there and wait till he had them off. Lucky i was doing all this on work time or i would be mighty angry...

The few people I know that either work or own wreckers....They're deadshits...absolute deadshits. That's why they work in a wreckers.

Here in Canberra we really only have 1 (decently sized) wrecker and the guy that runs it is pretty good. He knows what's there

(to an extent), but is obviously a little overpriced like most wreckers. Canberra isn't big enough to have a pick-a-part :hmm:

The other wreckers are pretty clueless about what they have lol. Really have to physically go into the yard and look at everything

they have. It's the best and only way. It's fun too :jamie:

the wrecker near me is sometimes good and other times bad.

they know what they have in the park, and they know how to charge for stuff that is rare.....

they knew exactly what a 4age was, and what people put them in.

i went to buy a tps for 4age, and they refused to seperate it from the throttle body, which they wanted $130 for....

but stuff off a ke70 is cheap as! and they seem to hang onto older cars for a while.