Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2010: Rollaclub Wall Poster Idea

Featured Replies

Hi guys...

 

I've just spotted this thread over on JDMST, and thought rather than making an calander every year, that only features a small number of cars, that this might make a suitable replacement.

 

2210789721_8041429fe8_o.jpg

 

this way we can get a very broad number of cars on the page, from every state, from a load of categories, and keep the printing costs down.

 

Its clean, looks sharp, and would suit back of toilet doors!

 

i'd like to see a show of support for this idea, which could potentially save a lot of hassle for the mods, JiP i'm looking at you here, trying to get a calender sorted, having a selection process for cars etc etc.

 

all you need,

 

* a HIGH res 100% side on shot of your car. If its not Side on, its not accepted.

* Must be well lit, No night shoots, or digital enhancements Ideally take a shot on a bight Cloudy Day - Clouds give off diffuse light and cleaner shots, no shadows.

 

 

discuss.

  • Author
I'd see issues with posting it. It would have to be folded down into quarters at least (A4) and even then Australia post wont be so gentle.

 

rolled into tubes Jip.

rolled into tubes Jip.

The point of the calendar is to celebrate those cars that the owner has put a lot of effort into being presentable to a "Calendar" quality.

In my opinion, I believe this is robbing those owners that chance. The pictures look so small that I wouldn't really even be that excited

to get my car up on there anyway.

 

Vince

Is that a single cam AE82 sedan I can see towards the bottom of the page??

 

How JDM is that :dance: :cool:

Tubes start at $2 each and I'm pretty sure that doesn't include postage. They'll charge for the volume of that tube even tho the calendar wouldn't be using up much space inside it. You'd need to located really small tubes. The smaller the better that way they don't have a chance to charge too much for volume.

  • Author

cool JiP,

 

If anyone wants their car on a poster, let me know. I'll cost it up and get back to you.

 

 

BKS.

  • Author
Is that a single cam AE82 sedan I can see towards the bottom of the page??

 

How JDM is that :dance: :cool:

 

 

Not very JDM at all..... considering it was probably an ADM corolla. the whole idea behind JDMST isnt where the car came from, its they way they have been styled.

I think this is a pretty cool idea - it's something that is in a different direction to the calendar that JIP does a great job of organising.

 

Could be potentially a cool idea to lay all of the submitted cars out in chronological order in terms of manufacture date. It would be great to see the changes in the models

 

from early on to modern day cars.

 

In order to get the printing done as cheaply as possible, you would need to do a run of over 250 (for offset printing), but that would depend on how popular the idea is..

I like the idea :dance:

 

The only suggestions i would make are have the cars large enough to fit maybe 4 or 5 across.. would certainly alleviate the problem of not being able to see them. Also it might become change depending on how many side on photos can be collected.

 

I don't know about a yearly thing but i would be interested at least in a one off run if they came in at around $15??

 

Also, i would rather have a poster dedicated to RWD corollas, i know that probably wont go down well with some people but just my preference.

The point of the calendar is to celebrate those cars that the owner has put a lot of effort into being presentable to a "Calendar" quality.

In my opinion, I believe this is robbing those owners that chance. The pictures look so small that I wouldn't really even be that excited

to get my car up on there anyway.

 

Vince

 

I agree with Vince, I was stoked to get my car into the calendar, I bought heaps and gave them to my family....I love the variety of cars, and the state pages and now I can't wait until October :dance: I have it up on the wall next to my desk, and I look at it everyday...

I think its a great idea and I would be interested in buying one. I think it would be better to have all the cars in random order across the page.

I'm with jader with having about 4-5 cars across the page. We would need at least 50 corolla's. I'm sure that could be organized..

This would only work if there was lots of interest so count me in! I don't think i can contribute with a complete car though :dance:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.