Hans' Ae92 Sedan

Hans

got car back from mechanic...its lowered finally on "sports low" drove the car around after work...and handling has improved noticeably, the new tyres are very grippy and the suspension is 30% harder than before..

to complete my work in the car's handling department i will be adding the following mods in the next few months...

- Strut brace/bar

5125549813.jpg

ToyotaCorollaAE92Banner.jpg

I'm very likely to weld my own strut bar (i'll keep you guys posted)

- Anti roll bar

antiroll_bar.jpg

- Rear strut brace (if possible)

-Toyota20AE101_9220rear.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the top strut brace and lower swaybar but am yet to find out how good it is, i'm very interested to find out how well it'll improve handling.

I don't know if you need the rear brace because its a sedan, you have the parcel shelf which stabilizes the back end. I think it is only for seca'a and hatches but i could be wrong.

hows it look with the new springs? are they lows or SLs? you should have got pedders or something else, but king springs are cheap for what they are just look forward in a couple of years when you car gets lower cause there sagging. But they are cheap and do the job how much did you pay for them, if you don't mind me asking?

hows it look with the new springs? are they lows or SLs? you should have got pedders or something else, but king springs are cheap for what they are just look forward in a couple of years when you car gets lower cause there sagging. But they are cheap and do the job how much did you pay for them, if you don't mind me asking?

Personally I wouldn't say pedders were anything amazing either...

Rear swaybars are one of the best mods you can do on a fwd. What shocks are you running? They make a massive difference to handling and also the way car rides generally. Front strut bars are good too if your car never had one.

Edited by 200Boy

^^I'm still on stock shocks at the moment..I'm planning on upgrading to coilovers after an engine upgrade whyenever i have enough funds to do so.

so yeah I'm planning on making my own strut bars..will post pics once i do so.

although kings springs may not be the best out there, i still believe they are bang for buck, some of my mates are running them and they're quite satisfied with the results as am i.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

i sold the car :) (AE92 Sedan)

at the moment the wrx is in the shop gettin some upgrades for the track + i'm working on another project with a 4AFE as base engine..

will start a thread later when i get the ball rollin'

• 1 year later...

hey guys, i apologise about my dissapearing act..

its just about a year and a half now since i gave up that corolla

wow! a lot has happened since..i've done a fair bit of work to my WRX..but i always hated having sold my AE92..(theres a story there..but i let it go)

but hey I'm on here again! and i have some news..

i have acquired another AE92 Sedan with a 4AFE this time!

i will start a new thread for the new project!!

The new build is going to be epic! i will start a youtube channel and post every mod step by step!

• 10 years later...