June 8, 201115 yr Author comment_530574 http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=102639 there is the thread I seen them in, they look so good. I'm on the hunt! I'll give you a yell if I find any. Thanks man! Could make them, I'm just trying to work out how to fix them to the door frame. Report
June 8, 201115 yr comment_530594 Thanks man! Could make them, I'm just trying to work out how to fix them to the door frame. Small screws through the top of the door under the door seal? Just like the black strip that separates the rear quarter glass and the rear glass(don't know what it's called). Might have to shave the thickness of the material used off of the sides of the baileys channel to make it fit perfect, to stop it squeezing the window too hard when fully wound up. Report
June 8, 201115 yr Author comment_530600 Sounds like the only real option there. Wouldnt go shaving the bailey channel tho, not very thick as it is. If you see a set come up for sale at all, pass on a link and i might buy them and make some copies. I'll speak to a few people that have a collection of NOS parts and see how we go. Report
June 8, 201115 yr comment_530604 It all really depends on the thickness of the material used as to whether the channel is modified or not. If the window isn't sticking when installed then it's good to go. Sounds like a plan I'll keep searching and give you a PM if I find anything. Cheers, Crowie. Report
June 11, 201115 yr Author comment_531224 Cheers bloke! Bought another muffler for the wags yesterday. Straight thru 2". Noticeably louder, loving it atm. Flanged it so i can swap it for when I'm not loving it :happy: Report
June 18, 201115 yr Author comment_532966 Had the wagon on the dyno today. Carb Jetting is up the shit and car currently isnt idling, not too sure why, was fine on the way to the dyno. Anyways, Reeled off a massive 39.2rwkw. Sorting out the jetting and idling issue now. Report
June 18, 201115 yr Author comment_533117 Swapped back to original jetting, much better now. Car still wont idle. Got the shits with it and packed up for the night. Anyways, here's proof of the monster output :P Report
June 18, 201115 yr comment_533121 pretty good really... wow at the rpm... were u streessin with it revving so high? Report
June 18, 201115 yr Author comment_533125 Didnt realise how hard he pushed it till i saw the print out. Everyone watching commented on how loud it was tho :P Might bolt bolt that 5K bottom end together for some better outputs Report
June 18, 201115 yr comment_533131 Just out of curiosity, what would a 5K bottom end give you in terms of output increase (roughly) over your current setup? Report
June 18, 201115 yr Author comment_533133 Not too sure at the moment, depends what direction i go with it. Wanna aim for at least 60rwkw NA (50% over what it made today) and maybe 80rwkw FI. Still not overly high figures, but a couple of round and conservative numbers. Plan A = Higher Comp NA Plan B = 5K Bottom end, "D" dish pistons, 4K head and valve train with a Blower. Report
June 18, 201115 yr comment_533134 I see your dilemma...I like Plan B but it's more dollars, 60rwkw seems achievable NA & you car would be plenty fast :yes: Good luck with whichever direction you take! :y: P.S Great work so far :wink: Report
June 18, 201115 yr Author comment_533135 I see your dilemma...I like Plan B but it's more dollars, 60rwkw seems achievable NA & you car would be plenty fast :yes: Good luck with whichever direction you take! :y: P.S Great work so far :wink: Thanks man, loving your 82 build too :) The extra $$ for plan B would be the SC and maybe a megasquirt. Got an old skool Microleb lined up. Been thinking, might aswel use 4K everything (apart from the 5K block and pistons of course). Due to the sheer amount of parts that are readily available. Also using the 4K head, means i can easily use the complete valvetrain from a 4K without the need for dirty datsun parts. Anyways, I'll leave it for another day and sort out WTF is going on now :( Report
June 20, 201115 yr Author comment_533640 This car is shitting me off! Had issues on the way to and from work, dicked around with the carb at lunch and made no difference. Tach readings indicate the ignition side of things may be playing a part of it all. Erratic tach movments, popping thru the carb and massive exhaust popping on over run. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now