Slo-038 + 10Psi

SLO-030

Found a serious bit of cancer just below the A pillar. Was a hole right thru to the interior behind the bitumenous stuff they use where the inner guard is welded to the rest of the body. I cut it out and rust converted it. Then cut some clean metal out of the old tail gate and bent it in all the right places, welded it in and just waiting on some spray primer to seal it.

Members dont see this ad

Not much of an update.

Just 1 repair in each of the D pillars left, weld the boot seal lip on and 1 repair in the passenger rear wheel arch. Progress has slowed alot from when we started but i have this week off so apart from the time to take the head off my ute and get it running it will be spent on the wagon.

Went for a trip to U-Pull-It today. Got some sigma wheel studs, Fingers crosses they knurl is the right size.

also picked up a stock toyota tacho and modded it to fit in the stock late30/early 55 instrument cluster. Crappy pics but you get the point.

Image157.jpg

Image158.jpg

Image159.jpg

Still needs a few finishing touches and a little mod to the front so that its not covering half of each number.

finally welded in the new lip for the boot seal. still needs a final grind back and tidy up.

Image169.jpg

Image170.jpg

Image172.jpg

Image174.jpg

Also the drivers D pillar

from this

Image163.jpg

to this (still needs a grind back)

Image165.jpg

Chucked on a KE30 bumper, pity about the number plate lights. will have to find a 36 bar or make modded brackets for the 30.

Image177.jpg

Nice work. Those wheels look like a good fit and chrome too :jamie:

The bumper looks ok too even with the number plate lights.. Is that bolted on or just sitting there? With the mounts could you maybe put ke38 mounts onto the ke30 bumper? Or don't they fit?

I'm thinking about doing that if I can't find a ke36 bumper so let me know if you're going to make some mounts I would be keen for a pair.

You still after that front apron?

Cheers

Hey Chris,

The bumper is only just sitting there. you can see is being held up with some boot springs :jamie:

I tried the 38/36 mounts on the 30 bumper. the 30 top mount bolt is on a different angle to the 38. also the 30 mounts sit more towards the center of the car.

Yea, still after the apron. Will give you a call some time this week to oragnise a time to pick up.

did a bit of machining this arvo. designed to hold a 4x 114.3 brake drum center to a wheel to allow accurate drilling of a stud pattern.

Image201.jpg

L to R: Aligner. 1/2" x 5.5" bolt, lock ring, lock plate, nut and washer.

Image202.jpg

60mm to 80mm aligner

Image203.jpg

60mm end thru the brake drum.

Image204.jpg

lock ring on

Image205.jpg

lock plate and bolt on

Image206.jpg

All bolted together.

Image207.jpg

Image208.jpg