Slo-038 + 10Psi

SLO-030

about 2.5hrs. Keep in mind that aligner was machined out of a 120mm dia billet.

I'm happy with it tho. gonna make up another lock ring for the wheel side of it to make sure nothing can move around whilst drilling. :lolcry:

Once i get the original 5x120.65mm pcd holes welded up then all systems will be go for the fitment of these things :lolcry:

Members dont see this ad

I've had to get PCD's drilled a couple of times. I just take it to a local mchine shop who do a lot of brake services etc.

They have big machine that they can put nearly any wheel on, type the PCD into the control panel and it does the rest all perfectly.

I got some discs re-drilled and it was like $30 for 2x. Surely there be somewhere in Adelaide who could also do this. Kudos to your enginuity though! :yes:

Edited by Taz_Rx

Cheers Si.

I went down to a wheel and rim place and they didnt wanna touch em. so i'll drill one wheel and chuck a 114.3 axle in the lathe and see how concentricly it spins. there is a little play between the center bore on the wheel and the aligner <0.2mm which I'm not really too concerned about.

Edit: If it is too far out concentricity(spl?), when i chamfer the stud hole i'll chamfer it a little more to enlarge the hole 0.1mm and make up some 60/80mm hubcentric rings to make sure it all spins as the god of spinny things intended it to.

Edited by SLO-030

The way I originally found out about it was myself and a mate were getting some bolt on spacers made. The machinist cut the plates out and then gave them back to us and said 'centre punch were the holes need to go and I'll drill them'. I was like :wink: 'no thanks' and went looking for somebody to do it for me.

Ended up at this place (NBC engineering - don't know if its national or not) and was told "right, if you just want me to centre punch them then it'll take me ages so it'll be $100 (for arguments sake). Alternatively I can just put them in the chuck of this machine, type in the pcd at it does the rest including drilling the holes. That will also be $100".

Needless to say they just got drilled by them. :yes:

FYI I was reading something from the RTA the other day that said re-drilling of rims is illegal.

Probably only illegal due to all the backyard joes putting a hole here and there and hopin she spins alright.

I'll be welding the original stud holes up (put some strength back into em) and running the centercaps ( for looks) so unless they pop the caps and look closely i shouldnt have a problem. only way to tell would be the discoloured/ affected chrome around where the welding of the original holes are.

Todays progress:

Image215.jpg

Image214.jpg

Image213.jpg

Image212.jpg

Havent done the drivers side, just waiting to do on small rust repair in the corner.

Some wire extending over the weekend for the hidden wiring:

Image209.jpg

Done the right way,

Image210.jpg

New VGC overrated beaver panel. Thanks Chris (OH-Ke)

Image211.jpg

I like what you're doing with the wiring. Thats what I've decided to do with my hardtop. :wink:

There's some info and a few pics of when I did theis to Tar in my projects thread.

Ryan - You can also run the bonnet popper cable through the same way and it just fits back onto the latch. :yes:

I like what you're doing with the wiring. Thats what I've decided to do with my hardtop. ;)

Yea, it really tidys up the bay. even with how the bay is now (orig paint scuffed) you can tell it looks cleaner.

There's some info and a few pics of when I did theis to Tar in my projects thread.

Ryan - You can also run the bonnet popper cable through the same way and it just fits back onto the latch. :wink:

hehe, Already done :jamie:.

Nice work.

I like the look of a neat engine bay (hidden wires etc). Do you plan on much other bay smoothing etc ?

Not really, I'm going a little further with the hidden wiring. As in the only wires you'll see will be a couple on the engine but unless you look really close you can't tell where they connect to the body.

Also all the brake lines are either getting wrapped in black loom tube or getting painted black to tie in with the bay.

Edited by SLO-030

I got 2 GENUINE ROH 12slot centers today off my mates dad. Being a GT/mustang restoration business he had a few around and showed me the differences in design and strength (quite a few non genuine ones had a crack in them) but the corolla being much lighter than an XY i SHOULDN'T have an issue but once the wagons on the road and i can get a hold of some 14x7 or 8 rims i'll grab a couple more genuine centers and make the rear ones the same.

Thanks guys.

Bundy, when the wagons finished i might do some for other people. see what happens, i might be completely over bodywork by the time ive finished my own cars :2thumbs:

Running around like a chook with its head cut off looking for a KE30 bonnet. No wreckers have any so i think it will be a trip down to UPI. then i gotta sort out a car that can fit a bonnet in it. Anyone had any luck with ke30 bonnets into VN sedans ??