Slo-038 + 10Psi

SLO-030

Members dont see this ad

Thanks guys :D

I went down to the shed to grab something and stood there and looked at it for a while, then thought to myself "PHUCK YEA".

Fingers crossed i'll be grabbing the locker from Luc to get under this thing so i can load it up on a trailer and take it to the tip.....

...Nah, just back to Luc's where it should get its first coat of primer :|

Hopefully get all my diff bearings next week as i pulled the sucker apart. Everything inside looks as if its just rolled out of the factory (no real signs of wear or pitting on the pinion or crown gear) Stoked :bash:

So a few things i have to get sorted before prime is;

Rear section of gutter.

Re-work the rear passenger guard to its straight.

A touch more smoothing on the tailgate to get it perfect.

Still chasing a KE30 bonnet but that can always be primed after the rest of the car.

Happening at the moment is;

Sand blasting parts for powder or paint.

Waiting on bearings.

Making better adaptor rails for the mazda seats. (as used in my KE30)

Planning a dash layout for later to incorporate:

Speedo

Tacho

Oil Pressure

Water Temp

Volts

High beam, Indicators and warning light bezels

Batttery cutoff switch (don't know weather i should put it in the dash or somethere else)

Anyone know a good spot in a wagon to mount a fire extinguisher? I can't mount it on the tunnel between the front and rear as the rear seat folds forwards onto the tunnel.

Just under the front of the seat, where the front seat mounts are? I was toying with that location too.

I more thinking in an accident a position more accessible to any one in the car at the time (front and rear passengers).

Also somewhere, that in the case of an accident (please no :D ) someone from outside can see it.

But i'll probably mount it under the front lip of the seat anyways.

If worse comes to worse i'll grab another for the passenger side seat too.

Chris;

The wheels shown are copies of ROH 12 slotters i pulled off a HZ stato at UPI. 14x7 with around 0 offset.

The diff isnt in, in those pics so thats where i want them to end up after i have them pulled apart and re-offset-ed.

Thanks Josh, your pano's coming along too.

Paint work will be Silver. With black around the windows, down to the body line and across the bonnet. The black's gonna have some crazy flakes thru it.

Engine wise;

Bored and honed 40thou

Full ACL race rebuild kit

Crow 606 cam

balanced bottom end

slightly lightened flywheel

4-2-1 extractors

Twin carbs or EFI

MSD ignition system

Thats the plan so far.

Hoping to have it on the road before my 19th. Would really be nice to make a debut at Old Skool 'n New age 2010.

Thanks Ryan.

- Sounds like you're spraying it like the GTR Torana. The way you're planning it, it's gonna look awesome.

- If it's a 4k Engine, go for the EFI and maybe add a Turbo or a Supercharger.

- Just like me, but I want to get it on the Road as soon as I can.

Cheers,

Josh :P

Edited by ewt

Really? I havent seen any GTR's in a while. Also i got something for the rear end that might give it a bit more of a street machine look. Kinda. Also Torana derived (mainly seen on A9X's)

A debut at Old Skool 'n New Age would be perfect as its 3 days before my 19th and id get an idea what people think of it.

Speaking of forced induction, i just bought a turbo ;) Ultimate induction would be some side draughts or ITBs :P