April 12, 201016 yr comment_429158 So what was the deal, camshaft out a tooth? Good to hear you guys got it running. Report
April 12, 201016 yr Author comment_429162 Camshaft was definitely out, but I seemed to have sorted that prior to my posting up for some help. The issue was a mixture of the camshaft being out a tooth and then the dizzy was out 180 degrees after the camshaft was aligned. The car was over-fuelling something chronic as well. Report
April 16, 201016 yr comment_430162 Yeh the twin 3kb's were pissing fuel everywhere too so that didn't help matters. Report
April 16, 201016 yr comment_430173 Yeh the twin 3kb's were pissing fuel everywhere too so that didn't help matters. Yea, well that explains half the problem. The aisan carbs are crap, two are twice the hassle. Get a DCD weber for the ultimate street carb (set and forget), or go twin sidedrafts for a weekend motorsport/saturday night cruiser (if you've got a spare grand). Report
April 16, 201016 yr Author comment_430256 Yea, well that explains half the problem. The aisan carbs are crap, two are twice the hassle. Get a DCD weber for the ultimate street carb (set and forget), or go twin sidedrafts for a weekend motorsport/saturday night cruiser (if you've got a spare grand). I've already got twins. :lol: Had them for a good 2 and a bit years. A matched pair of DHLA40 Dellorto's that have been rebuilt. Just need to grab a manifold, linkages and air filters and go from there :jamie: Report
April 18, 201016 yr Author comment_430560 Went for a wreckers run today and picked up the solid fuel line that was needed to replace the dodgy rubber fuel line that had been run under the whole car and also picked myself up another front apron to fit up. Next week the rest of the fuel system gets finished, the fuel pump mounted correctly and then I'm just waiting on Ryan to hand me down a replace front rad support and corner for the left hand side of the car. Report
April 27, 201016 yr Author comment_432884 On Sunday I fitted up the original fuel line back into the car to replace the dodgy rubber line that had been fitted from front to rear. I then relocated the fuel pump from under the rear of the car to the engine bay and attached with two rubber mounts. Next up I have to do a proper flush of the cooling system and refill with coolant and then it will be time to start stripping down the body work and getting it ready for paint. Then once it's ID checked, I'll put the stereo from the Fagna in it, get an alarm system sorted, and then tyres for the Dragways, and get the spare dash reupholstered and fit that up. Report
May 1, 201016 yr Author comment_434019 Today's plan of attack: - Unbolt and realign the steering box before I bolt it back up again (didnt do this when I had it out last time as I was in a rush) - Fit the missing bolts I forgot to put in the clamps for the solid fuel line last weekend...(think its only one of two) - Rip out the radiator, water pump and timing cover and play swapsies with the correct one on the old 4K motor out of the KE25. - Put it all back together and flush the cooling system and fill with coolant. If that all goes to plan today then it will just be a matter of starting to strip the body down to its bare essentials and starting on the sanding next weekend. I might even get some more pictures today if I remember to take the camera. Report
May 2, 201016 yr Author comment_434185 All I managed today was to get the timing cover swapped over and the car back together. It all runs well bar the pressure leak in the cooling system somewhere and a dodgy connection to my lock-off solenoid for the electric fuel pump which is causing temperamental starting issues. Report
May 3, 201016 yr comment_434485 What is with the splash shield, is it put on upside down or something? The cutout for the sump is on the wrong side. Edited May 3, 201016 yr by Felix Report
May 3, 201016 yr Author comment_434487 No, its the right way up. Just looks odd in that picture..... due to a lack of paint. The cutouts are all the correct way and it dips down towards the back like normal. EDIT: Actually, I think you're right, thats wayyyy outta wack. Hmm, gonna have to fix that. Damn Victorians don't know how to fit anything up! Edited May 3, 201016 yr by Raven Report
May 15, 201016 yr Author comment_437517 Plan of attack for this afternoon: - Re-align the steering box which I didnt get to do a couple of weeks back - Finish putting in bolts for the fuel line that runs under the car - Flip that splash shield over if at all possible. Then next weekend I'll start stripping the rear bumper off and start on the panel work! Report
May 15, 201016 yr Author comment_437592 Not much to report except today was reasonably successful. - I realigned the steering box reasonably closely. Will need a wheel alignment anyway. - I flipped over the splash shield. Cheers for the heads up on that one Felix! Excuse the dody exhaust fix for the moment. Its purely to keep the noise down! - I even fixed the starting issue! I did everything bar the bolt for the fuel line! ;) That's next weekends progress when the rear bar comes off and the body work starts! Report
May 23, 201016 yr Author comment_439453 No updates this weekend. The old man decided that dropping his 1978 Honda CX500 by accident while moving it was a good idea..... So I spent yesterday afternoon finding a clutch lever for it and by the time his bike was serviced and tuned by myself (bar coolant change which he will do during the week himself) it was too late to get anything done. Always next weekend! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now