Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raven'S Ke36 Delivery Van - Sold

Featured Replies

  • Replies 168
  • Views 238.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Rather get it machined than dick around with a file. I just don't have the patience for that :D

 

Bad news on the extractors. Had a good look at them today and they're cracked and rusty, so they'll go in the bin.

 

Good news is I have another set at the old man's place that I was going to use on the KE25 prior to deciding to go for a Rotary setup, so I'll be departing shortly to go get them and then head back to the machinist tomorrow after work so he can have another look and decide what we'll do from there :D

 

Stay tuned!

  • Author

So last week I went to the machinist and he said what Sir Philbey The Great suggested and file the high points off the extractors.

 

So tonight I did just that and fitted everything back up.

 

Here's the result!

 

th_P3160121.jpg

Edited by Raven

Lumpier than lumpy custard

 

I love it :wub:

Too damn loud without an exhaust.

 

I probably shouldnt have fired it up and revved it either at 8pm!

 

 

I drove dirt to the exhaust shop to get the system put in with only extractors. hehe talk about strange looks from pedestrians!!

  • Author

Tested out the sander tonight...10 thumbs up!

 

It works quite well :wub:

 

I flushed the cooling system. Put coolant in it as it previously only had water...not my doing! I found out the new radiator cap that I looked up at work is half the pressure of the one that is on the car. Need to get a new one tomorrow as the car sounds like its doing a fanny fart when I turn it off and doesnt hold pressure!

 

No pics though. Forgot the camera!

 

My other two issues:

 

- The flooding of the car after its been idling for a while. It has a malpassi rising rate fuel reg fitted but not sure if its adjustable as I havent quite had a close look yet.

 

- The fact the thermo fan has decided it doesnt want to kick in where it used to. Gotta suss out the wiring!

Edited by Raven

RR FPR really isnt needed on a NA car. don't think they are adj either, the one on my car doesnt seem to be

  • Author

It was on there when I got it.

 

My concern is the lack of a return hose. It fills up the bowls and then drowns the motor after 5 or so minutes of idling.

 

I'll have to look at the fuel pump and maybe fit something else in there.

  • Author

I've got twin dellortos, but can't put them on until the thing has been ID checked.

 

I got a round orbital sander with the velcro discs from Bunnings.

 

230watt Ozito with a bag that attaches and catches all the dust.

 

Not bad for $38 bucks :)

It was on there when I got it.

 

My concern is the lack of a return hose. It fills up the bowls and then drowns the motor after 5 or so minutes of idling.

 

I'll have to look at the fuel pump and maybe fit something else in there.

 

You can use a RRFPR in a non boosted setup, if no boost line is connected fuel pressure is referenced to atmospheric pressure. The Malpassi carb one I have is adjustable.

 

Biggest problem is they are a return style regulator, so NEED a return line.... Otherwise they will just supply full pump pressure. A dead-head style reg (Holley type) is needed if you don't run a return line.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.