Ke70 Front End Swap

Dropz

Hey all, I'm new to this forum and still learning my way around, I've done a few searches and can't really find anything on the topic of ke70 front end swaps.

just wondering how hard it would be to swap a ke70 slant front end to a flat one.

and what sort of time is involved in the swap.

cheers, Dropz.

Members dont see this ad

you need to do the following to swap the front end on a ke:

-2 x guards

-1 x bonnet

-1 x metal part between bonnet and windscreen

-1 x front apron.

-2 x front headlight assemblys (indiactors also)

-1 x front bumber complete

-1 x radiator support beam thing (part that goes between the rad support, and the bottom..beam?. the grill and the apron bolt to it as well)

now for headlights

the radiator support panels are DIFFERENT on the 2 differnet ke70 shapes (slant/flat). so the headlights WILL NOT bolt in to both series.

2 options for this

-replace the radiator support panel (grind off old welds, weld in new one)

-or make custom brackets for the flat front lights (quite easy to do if you got an imagination and some strips of metal. might even get away with only drilling a few holes, I'm not sure)

you will also need to do a bit of re wiring i think, as the indicator/parker setups are a bit different. i never had standard flat front lights on my car so I'm not sure how it works.

as for doing it in a day. i don't see why note. if your swapping rad support's then maybe a bit longer. depends how fast you work i guess!

I'm personally not the biggest fan of the slant fronts. i like the flat, but also going quads would be good as i've heard the ke70 headlights are a bit dull.

getting a ke70 this weekend, and since I'm still in the buying process i was looking for a flat front but couldnt really find anything.

yeah i did this is a day or so, i didn't replace the radiator support, i just made up some custom brackets and welded them onto the headlight surrounds. It really isn't that hard if you're handy with a socket wrench and a welder. But be prepared to deal with some rusty bolts and stuff unless you've got yourself a schmick keto, mines in pretty good nick, but every single damn bolt i seem to come across was rusty, ahah.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=31138

check that thread ^^ if you have problems wiring in the indicators that a positioned on the headlight assemblies. i just welded a plate into where the side indicators are coz i don't really like the look of them. but i'm assuming you'd be able to jerry rig some power off the from indicators to activate the side ones but i'm no auto electrician, just a backyard basha :jamie:

good luck bro, i am also one for the flat face, but i'm probably going to do a quad headlight conversion

FOUR FOR THE WIN!