My Ae71 Wagon

deri2k3

Haven't post here in a while, but here goes..

Hi guys and girls, just wanna show my latest purchase.

1984 AE71 Wagon, with stock 4ac+5 speed manual. Stock interior except for the CD player on the dash. Stock suspension. Stock everything really :P.

I'll let the pics do the talking.

post-779-1253612613_thumb.jpg

post-779-1253612427_thumb.jpg

post-779-1253612463_thumb.jpg

post-779-1253612492_thumb.jpg

post-779-1253612534_thumb.jpg

post-779-1253612578_thumb.jpg

post-779-1253612393_thumb.jpg

Future plans are to replace the cd player with stock am/fm radio on the dash, put a decent audio system, lower it a bit, some sort of old-skool mags, and maybe 4ag conversion later on.

Enjoy!

Members dont see this ad

It does look completely stock, but so Original and overrated. That Rollaclub sticker really blends in with it.

How does it go in the way of Rust and Dents?? This thing will look cool when it's done.

Are you going to do a Paint Job or leave it the colour it is?? Any other Plans?? Keep us posted as you go.

Cheers,

Josh :P

Edited by ewt

Duuuude, I saw this thing on ebay and I soooo wanted to buy it and use it as a run around while I fix up my blue one. I am very jealous. Check out those original roof racks. Awesome. I have some old school 13' dragways with grey centres on mine and they look f$c#@*g awesome. Only downfall to old school is they are usually small and you have to put high profile tyres to look the s%#t but that little wagon is rockin' and they look cool no matter what you do to them. Get the little 4ac breathing and sparking right and she will show you some hidden wonder. And if you keep it as original as possible these things will start to appreciate soon enough, just like the datto 1200 has. Speaking of that I can't believe what he was asking, and at a straight buy it now. Wish I had the cash at the time. Happy Rollin'

71 Wagon

*Points in Amazement* - 'Thats not a KE!?! You lied!'

hehe, but all the same, great pickup. Yet another ae71 wags patrolling the scene. Get in touch with BlindKidSseeks as he has just bought himself the same car, and has gone through the whole lowering/wheels, etc...

It does look completely stock, but so Original and overrated. That Rollaclub sticker really blends in with it.

How does it go in the way of Rust and Dents?? This thing will look cool when it's done.

Are you going to do a Paint Job or leave it the colour it is?? Any other Plans?? Keep us posted as you go.

Cheers,

Josh :)

There's a bit of surface rust under the left headlights, where the previous owner used to have a headlight protector. And some paints bubbling up under the rear right hand fender. Other than that there's no more rust. Very happy :)

Update: Got myself a very good condition dash cluster, and also the original AM/FM radio. Replaced the crappy dash cluster, took off the cd player, and then put the original radio back and the new dash cluster. Looks MUCH neater and better!!

Pics :

post-779-1254045343_thumb.jpg

Next thing on my list is to get a new stereo system installed, anyone know where's the good position to put some speakers on the back? there's a a pair of stock speaker in the front, but I'd wanna add more speakers on the back, of course I wanna still keep it as original as possible. Any ideas anyone?

BlindKidSeeks: Can you please tell me how much did it cost to get the suspension done?

Bowler: Hey man, I went to SCA twice this week on the wagon, but I didn't see you.

Thanks for all the good comments guys!

Dez.

hey mate....

the guys at City Suspension charged me $450 for Kings Springs in the front, and Resetting and Adding a new leaf to the rear Inc all labour. I think its a great Price.

Alos i just installed a stereo in my wagon... i'm also struggling with where to put the rear speakers.... they are in Boxes at the moment... but will need something a little more permanent me thinks... mite invest in some Masonite from bunnings at some stage and make up some new panels for the boot area.

hehe.. i found a set of roof racks too... just missing the chrome strips that go on the actual roof though.

There's a bit of surface rust under the left headlights, where the previous owner used to have a headlight protector. And some paints bubbling up under the rear right hand fender. Other than that there's no more rust. Very happy :)

As long as you can't see it from a Pretty Good Distance... Don't worry about it.

Also... We're Glad to hear that you're Happy with this Ae71. Good Work so far... Keep it Up.

Cheers,

Josh :)

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get these wheels from pick-a-part in Campbellfield today? as I saw a mazda 929? wagon with the same wheels on it. Obviously someone tried to take them off but couldn't get past the anti theft nuts...

Also where abouts are you located, around Preston? If so we should meet up for some photos...