Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

20v Into Ae71.

Featured Replies

  • Author

Added a slight ignition advance to the transient throttle control. Works good. Might up the fuel again and see what it does.

 

Car is going great except for a leaky diff pinion, I think it spat the seal, which is a bit odd as it was all new and built by one of the better diff shops. I'm going in on Monday or Tuesday to have it fixed.

 

Oh and my exhaust cracked as well and started clunking around so thats now been welded back up by Macs mufflers.

 

Ive also moved the wideband further down the exhaust, so I get slightly more stable readings as before I was probably in the flame front a bit.

 

Rear tyres are going off the boil a bit too. I feel my 20v must be going ok if it kills 205s pretty easy. :laff:

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 933
  • Views 423.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Did anyone else pick the irony in this photo?  

  • hey mate, nice photos.   re: starter motor.   there is a auto electrician in wynnum that can rebuild your starter motor for a very reasonable price, brand new everything.   i got an alternator d

  • carbonboy
    carbonboy

    Wow, you've got all the fruit plus the bells & whistles, I love it too! :) Curiosity drives me to ask: With the GPS speedo, is there a possibility to program in a speed alert/chime into the system

Posted Images

  • Author

Had a play with retarding the ignition on throttle application, it was ok, but it sort of settled the delivery down and smoothed it out, be a nice gravel setting I think. So in the end I added yet more fuel and put the same ignition advance back on and it responds great and the afr doesnt spike too much at all now when you crack it open.

 

Had my leaky diff pinion fixed. Damn chinese seals are crap.

 

My clicky caliper woes have returned, I'm looking into fitting the U13 caliper right now, so I might end up with a rear brake upgrade aswell soon.

Rear tyres are going off the boil a bit too. I feel my 20v must be going ok if it kills 205s pretty easy. :laff:

 

Noice! :y:

 

Fantastic writeup man, a lot of complex procedures broken down into simple(ish), easy to understand steps that even I can comprehend. :lol:

 

Great to see you're still fiddling & finetuning as well. :)

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Thanks alot!

 

Well, there was this persistent rattle in the exhaust. Turns out the cat had started to rattle so being only 1 year old I went back and saw the guys at Right Price Exhausts and got them to redo the system. The cat was free under warranty, and I got a new muffler fitted, mainly because I wanted to install some 2 1/4 pipe. I have a section of 2 inch pipe and the rest of the system is 2 1/4. The resonator was swapped out for a commodoore one, and all the rubbers replaced. Now its solid as f@$k, doesnt rattle and revs a bit freer up high in the rpm. It is a little more dead at tiny throttle openings, but its probably a better compromise between high rpm hp and low rpm torque now. I also had the system pulled away from the tailshaft cause it clipped when you raised the car and it had slowly killed a pinion seal from heat. Now its perfect!

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

So retuning to suit the exhaust is still happening slowly, and I'm still looking for the ideal transient enrichment settings, its more about setting up the car to feel the way you want it to feel.

 

I went into the workshop with Mungi Mods and Timbo today and Mungi did some rust fixes for timbo on his panda, which came out great.

 

While they were tooling around there, I got under my car and did some bits and pieces to once and for all make my caliper shut up and behave on the rear discs. I had this kind of steadily annoying issue where I had a caliper clicking and the handbrake would progressively get soggier and soggier until it wouldn't work properly. I put it down to worn caliper slides for the most part allowing the caliper to grip turn then skip back to how it should be with light braking application. I decided to recondition the handbrake system and wind back and re bleed and bed in the rear brakes again before connecting the handbrake. I fitted new Genuine Toyota handbrake cables and left the handle disconnected. I also wound back the pistons a full rotation with an angle grinder nut spanner (with the 2 teeth on it - works terrific). I then put it back together, and I pumped the brakes a bit to set the pads and pistons back tightly together, then I re bled and topped up the system. After a 5 minute test drive that included several 80-20 klm/hr test stops to bed the brakes in again, I returned to the shop and connected the handbrake cable at the handle. So far so good. All noise has ceased, handbrake feels like new again, one click holds strongly, and the pedal is a touch firmer than before and the brakes just feel better all round, it has made the whole car feel great.

 

Interestingly the new cables have allowed me to connect the plastic cable guide bushes back into their holders, which I couldn't do before, its got about 5mm clearance before the splitter/balancer wants to hit the bush clips once its all adjusted and in place. The splitter/balancer seems to sit horizontal and square as well, which some people claim they have issues with. Consequently the E brake is more powerful and requires less effort. I just hope it stays that way. :yes:

 

On the way home I did some data logging with the ecu datascan. Its as easy as sticking in an sd card and hitting record. Makes CSV format which is great in MS excel. I like the format more than adaptronics data. Its the same data as what the adaptronic outputs but in more readable units and with full headings.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

love this car! will have to catch up at the workshop! since my car is there waiting for some attention!

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Thanks mate, I see your car is getting some love now, so hopefully not a long while till youre in action with it, we will have to go for a drive asap.

 

As I write this I am sitting at the free internet lounge at the Virgin club @ Sydney airport. We just got an allnight shopfit done and were lucky enough to arrive at the airport with the owner of the company, hence the access to the lounge. The flight is delayed a fair bit so I have no choice but to eat free food from an extensive buffet, drink free fat yak and beez kneez beers while watching the planes come and go for the next few hours. Theres some terrific eye candy in here too, some model types and the like. Its good to be alive, now to settle in and have a few more beers. Oh did I mention I'm also being paid by the hour! Like I said, life is good! Peace rollaclubbers!

Thanks mate, I see your car is getting some love now, so hopefully not a long while till youre in action with it, we will have to go for a drive asap.

 

As I write this I am sitting at the free internet lounge at the Virgin club @ Sydney airport. We just got an allnight shopfit done and were lucky enough to arrive at the airport with the owner of the company, hence the access to the lounge. The flight is delayed a fair bit so I have no choice but to eat free food from an extensive buffet, drink free fat yak and beez kneez beers while watching the planes come and go for the next few hours. Theres some terrific eye candy in here too, some model types and the like. Its good to be alive, now to settle in and have a few more beers. Oh did I mention I'm also being paid by the hour! Like I said, life is good! Peace rollaclubbers!

 

Need an apprentice?

Need an apprentice?

 

Hahahaha

I'm actually been somewhat serious lol..

I'm actually been somewhat serious lol..

 

PM him hahaha

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

More drag vids.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apeI2dcZb_s

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB4xIPyW-yo

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukmeCjwDYgE

 

Timbo did his best ever. 15.61, although when we race you can see the total of my RT and ET just beat him, but he set a quicker time once going, was about as close a race as you can get.

 

Interesting to compare the setups, hehas a rebuilt smallport with bigport cams and 4.3:1 revving to 7800. I have a 20v with 4.7:1 revving to 8400.

$45...man that's cheap! I think the drags at Calder Park are at least $60, maybe $70 now & that's for the Friday night legal off-street meets.

 

Nice vid's too. :)

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.