20v Into Ae71.

LittleRedSpirit

Hi people, this is now the car that I'm building the 20v setup into. Its a nice straight ae71 manual csx. I'm going to fit the 20v and ae86 diff and all the good suspension stuff from the last car. Its vital stats are as follows:

White paint - code AA

October 84 model.

CSX so it has boot and fuel poppers and a lush velour ocean lapping the inside.

397,000 klms.

Runs strong as can be, but it needs the exhaust welded up for a roadyworthy certificate.

The t50 feels great, the smoothest quietest one Ive driven with. :jamie:

It has a little rust. The fuel filler is fine, the arches are 98 percent, the boot lip needs work but only on one edge (the bit above the lights). The bottom edges of the boot area behind the wheels are fine as well. There is one bit in the roof I will have fixed at a shop as its above the Pillar so I will nip it in the bud I think. otherwise its a clean straight example. One gaurd has a lil crease in it like when youre working on it and you lean in too hard. Its got a long scratch under the stripe behind the drivers rear wheel that you can see in the photos. Otherwise, its a nice and clean example. Ready to be reinvented.

post-2885-1254023938_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1254023956_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1254024004_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1254024018_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1254024034_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1254024050_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1254024065_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1254024080_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1254024093_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1254024108_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1254024129_thumb.jpg

post-2885-1254024152_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
Looks like a really nice pick up. Will be great :jamie:

Thanks mate.

You can tell a lot about the previous owner of a car by what they leave behind.

I found an empty crown lager bottle, 3 empty UDLs, all crushed, a canadian 1 cent piece, 6 dollars in aussie coin, a wholly consumed and snapped dagwood dog stick, picked clean of the last remnants of batter. Also half a bag of slim ciggy filters strewn all over the floor, and a double a battery. Definately a former meataxes car. It even had a sony tape deck. Wooh hoo. Thankfully its modern enough that my head unit will plug straight into the wiring clip already installed in the car.

Ive removed the carpet, which is not ripped, but is badly oil stained. I hosed the thing out, scrubbed the floor, removed the b pillar trims, and the trim around the doors. Its so clean now, hopefully it will smell clean. Its not too bad, just reeking a bit of the ashtray crystal things that were in the car.

I'm gonna fit all the good brown interior into this car. Ive got basically all I need in Brown. I might even get some paint mixed up and redo the engine bay and tidy up some other areas as I go. I definately want to paint the bare interior. Oh, its also got a refinished head lining in it, but its a bit shit in my opinion.

Did anyone else pick the irony in this photo?

post-2885-1254024034_thumb.jpg

One of the guys at uni had an AE82 (might even have been an AE80 povo-pack) with a fairly prominent original rust-proofing sticker on the back window (applied by the dealer when new), the sticker still looked brand new but the car itself was absolutely full of rust, and very visible too (car was white so the rust stood out like dogs balls)

I was waiting for someone to get the joke. :P

Anyhow, Its had that bit of rust removed now, Ive also cleaned, and repainted the front door sills, and I'm touching up a couple of bits of the gutters that need a lil work. Nothing too bad, the worst bit by far is the bit on the corner.

I'm slowly swapping it all over to brown interior. I usually leave the b pillar plastics out, and for this reason I painted them white to match everything else.

I also touched up around the fuel filler. There was a few paint chips, no rust though! I just like things to be nice and clean.

I think Ill get Terry over asap to sort the rust out before it gets any worse.

Theres a decent crack in the windscreen, also, so that will have to be replaced. Its right in front of the drivers face.

I myself recently stumbled across a nice straight rust free AE71... Its such a novelty to start a project without having to repair all the faults and fill the gaping rust holes first! And, no holesawing firewall, changing xmembers.... Bliss :P

Nice pickup.

I myself recently stumbled across a nice straight rust free AE71... Its such a novelty to start a project without having to repair all the faults and fill the gaping rust holes first! And, no holesawing firewall, changing xmembers.... Bliss :P

Nice pickup.

Yeah, I wouldn't say this car is rust free, but its no worse than the red car was I don't think. Similar mileage, but this one is in mechaically superior condition. The gearbox is super quiet, Ive never heard a t50 like it. I wonder how it will cope with double the power? Should be fun.

Out of 100 I think this car is a 75. Its only got one serious bit of rust, and a few little things that will take about 5 minutes each to touch up. I just want to get it tidied up so I can get a roadworthy and push on with the conversion.

Ohh your lucky. Where I live, I never See any of them and the ones i do see are all banged up. Nice car, Should do well. good luck with the build LittleWHITEspirt :rock:

That's because where you live, I hunt down all the good ones and harass the owners incessantly until they sell them to me :P

sounds like one hell of a build iam very close to nearing the deal with a mate for a ta22 celica and then my build will start

awsome pick up and i take it will be the little red spirit 2 without the red part and beening repacled with white lol

can't wait to read more and see more pics what a score you got