20v Into Ae71.

LittleRedSpirit

Members dont see this ad

Heat shield? You mean the big plate I put under the inlet? I have actually taken it out as it rattled a bit the way I had made it. I'm working on version 2 now with Sam Qs help (if I ever remember to email him the measurements).

I have spent the last 24 hours switching it over from tps based transient enrichment, to map sensor based. I didn't initially realise this but the Map prediction function will also perform accurate enrichment beyond where the map sensor reads. It does this by comparing the start and end points of the throttle application and by factoring the difference into an algorithm and applying a multiplyer (called gain%). I've set my gain to 200% presently, which is where Andy Wyatt said I should start. Already it gives a much nicer transient enrichment. Its a lot more in tune with the cars needs at any particular instance as it references rpm in its calcs when it looks up the 2 values in the tune and deducts them, whereas the tps based enrich does not. It just looks at tps change, and not the place you are in the revs. Its very hard to tune that for all situations, you simply cannot. Whereas the map prediction is intuitive. SO I should waste less fuel on big throttle applications and look after the motor better, not to mention better throttle response and power.

Andy has sent me about 8 emails in the last 24 hours, for a busy man he sure looks after his customers really well. :laff: :laff: :laff:

yeah MAP is the way to go.

although my understanding is that the MAP has a very narrow band of opperation, anythign above about 15-20% throttle and the map is useless?

you would still using the TPS for the enrichment tables though?

ie the accel pump.

good to see the development continuing.

Well Dave, if the map sensor is just reading atmospheric pressure then it will instead measure the fuel change required by a particular throttle application then multiply it by a gain % to scale in extra fuel based off the fuel map for a particular tps vs rpm point. i can also define the period for which this happens and the pulse of fuel will decay by halves over the prescribed period. For example, if the throttle change requires 4ms additional fuel and my gain % is 200%, then it will give 8ms enrichment on the next pulse of an injector or add extra to the current one if an injector is open in that instant. It works great, drives like any stock ecu car now. Maybe better. Need a 20v on a stock ecu to race me one day. :laff:

Edited by LittleRedSpirit