Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

20v Into Ae71.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 933
  • Views 424.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Did anyone else pick the irony in this photo?  

  • hey mate, nice photos.   re: starter motor.   there is a auto electrician in wynnum that can rebuild your starter motor for a very reasonable price, brand new everything.   i got an alternator d

  • carbonboy
    carbonboy

    Wow, you've got all the fruit plus the bells & whistles, I love it too! :) Curiosity drives me to ask: With the GPS speedo, is there a possibility to program in a speed alert/chime into the system

Posted Images

  • Author

So I upgraded the firmware on the ecu datascan. I also scrounged up a copy of Igo 8 and loaded that to the SD card. Behold, I have a clock that sets itself and gps data in my logs to work with now too. I can use the ecu data scan to create a gps way pointed race track, load it onto a skin and watch myself circulate it on the screen, keep lap times, and analyse my logs from any one point on the track. I love it. Oh and I also have a gps speedo, so that takes the pressure off needing to care when you swap final drive or rolling diameters.

Wow, you've got all the fruit plus the bells & whistles, I love it too! :) Curiosity drives me to ask: With the GPS speedo, is there a possibility to program in a speed alert/chime into the system? One where you can enter the speed you wish the chime to go off at, not pre-loaded speed zones like a sat-nav unit has (which are always wrong).

Good point, I look forward to how you go with this. :yes:

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Been doing further tuning of the extremes of the map.

 

Working on high rpm, low tps areas as well as low rpm high tps areas.

 

Strongly considering venting the bonnet to let some of the summer heat out.

 

Having the tyres swapped around today as I need to have 195s on all 4 corners for balance, and I have to take the tyres off my mk 3s to send them to Sydney for their new owner to mack.

 

Might also swap in the reco 1.4kw starter today.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

Vent the bonnet!! At least if it doesn't look good, it will be functional. And you can always buy another one.

Yeah I think I will have to. Might focus on hot air removal over cold air intake, since that is best done with ducting thru the lip anyhow where it catches the air.

 

I'd jack the back of the bonnet up, you'd bet surprised how much heat that will evacuate. It's a cheap method and no cutting of any panels needed, just longer bolts and some thick washers for packing(not sure how much adjustment you have on an xe-7x).

Edited by kickn5k

Yeah but the venting wil look bad-ass.

  • Author

I'd jack the back of the bonnet up, you'd bet surprised how much heat that will evacuate. It's a cheap method and no cutting of any panels needed, just longer bolts and some thick washers for packing(not sure how much adjustment you have on an xe-7x).

 

 

I actually did this on my red ae71 in 2008, but it looked too shit to have the panels misaligned. I used skateboard kingpin bushes to pack it up, with some big washers, but it wasnt as effective as I would have liked it to be, so now Id like to leave the panels all in place and just ventilate the bay. Whether its through the bay or with a fan and some ducting to evacuate the hot air.

Skateboard kingpin lol. Ghetto-est mod. So good. I say vent the bonnet, would look sweet. And if it's not to your liking, you can always get another and try a different method :D

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Some bitch backed into the corner of my car and just drove away.

 

Now I have a ruined front left gaurd. I walked out to it today at the shop and the gaurd was popped way out. There is a mark on the corner of the bumper like something hit it, the lip is fine, the bar is ruined and the gaurd is ruined. the lights are OK. So glad I hadn't just fitted the chrome bumper to it!

 

Might just have to do the DX front conversion.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.