Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

20v Into Ae71.

Featured Replies

how come your selling up

 

would definatly buy if i had the $$$$$

would be way more fun then driving the BA around

  • Replies 933
  • Views 424.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Did anyone else pick the irony in this photo?  

  • hey mate, nice photos.   re: starter motor.   there is a auto electrician in wynnum that can rebuild your starter motor for a very reasonable price, brand new everything.   i got an alternator d

  • carbonboy
    carbonboy

    Wow, you've got all the fruit plus the bells & whistles, I love it too! :) Curiosity drives me to ask: With the GPS speedo, is there a possibility to program in a speed alert/chime into the system

Posted Images

  • Author

Hello.

 

Simply want to put my resources into finishing the other car (2azfe ae86) that I've been building.

 

With 12k already in that build, and another 3-4 grand to spend to do it right, I'm getting to the point where I would like to sell this car and put all the time and funds into the 2azfe car.

 

Plus, owning a Corolla is a never ending project. For example, you can't just neglect a car and not do the maintenance because you have another build happening. Since the 2azfe efforts have been ramped up I've done plenty on the 71 as well. New wheel bearings front and rear, new headers and extensive retuning, modified the exhaust a bit to make it more free flowing, changed to better rear calipers. So the idea is to move her along to a nice home while its all running beautifully and hopefully make someone very happy.

 

Its a hard thing to find the right buyer, as most people don't want to buy a car with everything done, they would prefer to build one.

 

I'm looking for the person that wants to save 3 years of their life and a bunch of money and just get it in their hands. Even though it makes sense its not a description of a Corolla person.

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Hadnt driven this car for about 5 weeks due to it being too hard to get in and out of while recovering from Hernia surgery.

 

I had my rotors machined today, and checked the seating of the cones in the hubs for the new bearings. I have successfully gotten rid of the pulsing that presented itself after the new bearings were fitted. Now its perfect. Thanks alot to Brian at Rocklea Mechanical for the wheel and brake masterclass. Thanks as well go to Shaun Vidler at all Brake and clutch supplies, Rocklea for the mates rates machining on a tricky set of rotors. Champions.

 

Also was having a few battery dramas and was able to get a new battery under warranty. Yay for a battery with a 36 month warranty.

 

Problems all sorted and man am I enjoying driving it again.

 

IMAG0918_zps8c414d42.jpg

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

God I love those wheels. Wish mine were as nice as that.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Ran the power feeds in under the left gaurd the other day. Also washed air filters and changed the dented front gaurd.

 

Mungi mods will pop over one day this week and flare it to match the other side so I can paint it. Had the wheels balanced and rotated also today.

 

IMAG0990_zps67dd938c.jpg

 

IMAG0984_zpse9c7caf3.jpg

 

IMAG0983_zps7da44de4.jpg

 

IMAG0982_zps56bc8bc5.jpg

 

IMAG0988_zps35692a2c.jpg

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Just heat wrapped the exhaust manifold and switched to a different tap for idle control today. Works a treat.

 

Car is going really well, I thought the vvt pulley was shitting itself, but I put some fresh oil in and the noise went away. Perfect.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

What sort of idle control are you using?

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Yeah I detailed it today pretty well, changed oil n filter yesterday. Its going to be hard to let go of. But the time is right.

 

Spent the last 45 minutes just cruising my suburb looking at council cleanup piles with my missus, its running really well. Did some more refinement of the idle the other day and its a bit more smooth and torquey right off idle. Also brought vvt on 500 revs later, gives a more linear rush of power rather than a couple of waves.

Hopefully someone will buy it whole and use all the data you have spent so much time perfecting and take it further.

Truly is greater than the sum of its parts. And I do like function first (though it still looks great ;) )

Still have the bulge?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.