Valandor

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you can also get colored LED globes that go in the holders for those little dash globes. an LED is a directed light (as opposed to a globe which spreads), so you make it reflect around and spread and make the instruments bright by sticking alfoil to the inside of the instrument cluster

you can also get colored LED globes that go in the holders for those little dash globes.

where where where - i have blue rubber condom looking things on my globes a the moment and they suck!!

i want blue LEDs!! - do they still dim etc the same as a globe ?

I have blue LED's all throughout my dash. When i was setting it up (years ago) there wasnt any LED's that plugged straight into the standard holders.

So....i had to solder a resistor onto one terminal of the LED and then solder that package into the globe holder. Many hours later i had wired up about 18 5mm ultra bright Blue LED's rated at 3000mcd. These normally retail for $3.50 each and originally i only ordered about 7 or 8, but the bloke stuffed up and gave them to me for about $1.50 each, so i quickly changed the quantity. :jamie:

Long story short... i think it looks Hot.

I have pics of them on my camera. I'll post a pick later.

P.S. I used to have those globe condom thingys, and yes they are crap. don't bother.

rjenman. i tkae it you mean colors for the fuel and temp gauges?

i didnt bother about those because i found it almost impossible to scann and convert the existing gauges without damaging them.

if you manage it then i don't see why you couldnt use any other color as long as you had contrasting colors for the figures

Sorry mate, I was having word constipation, I have a hobby of confusing people. What I was trying to say was.... you can see the odomoter's guts behind your speedometer. Your speedo has a black square in the middle of it. Not too bad really, but this is only happening because you made the face red instead of black I am thinking...

mmmmmmm monster tacho.... with red beans and cheese... TACHO TACHO TACHO