Can Any Body Help Me Going To Turbo Ae82 4age

burnoutman

Hi can any body help me. I'm at the stage of thinking of upgrading my 4age with some sort of turbo setup.

I have just rebuilt the whole engine top to bottom. what i am looking for is a bit more power I'm not looking at gettin massive increases of power but I'm

looking for a bit more power. i would like to keep the 4age engine that i have in the car. so if any body can head me in the right direction going or talking to some one that can make me up a turbo kit or some thing like that or where i can get a turbo kit from ....

Or if any body can give me a few suggestions on how to get the best performance from my engine .

But really am looking at turboing it...

post-9346-1254495109_thumb.jpg

Edited by burnoutman

Members dont see this ad

ok, i'm not one to flame, but i'll give you a few tips.

1. Grammar: if people can read what your post says they may be more willing to give you a hand. Full stops and commas are your friend.

2. Rims: lose them.

3. Sell your AE82 and buy a KE :)

Anyway, try your question again. Then you might have some luck. Anyways good luck with the build!!

• 4 weeks later...
ok if you just rebuilt your engine, it would have been alot easier if you decided you wanted to turbo it earlier, so you could build it with parts to suit.

Why not go 4AGZE?

I'm looking at the easyest way like to keep the engine i got and add on a turbo kit and that or a super charger what eva one would be easyer?

take it to a mechanic and show him your wallet :2thumbs: < this way is the easyest. also youll be walking like a cow boy for a while aswell

Lol its funny you say that my old man owns a machanic shop so I'm just trying to find some one that can help me get all the parts and that sorta stuff com on guys few of you would have done similer things? any one

Lol its funny you say that my old man owns a machanic shop so I'm just trying to find some one that can help me get all the parts and that sorta stuff com on guys few of you would have done similer things? any one

If your dad is a mechanic, he should be able to tell you all the things you'll need.

Ebay, Trademe, Yahoo japan and forum sales area's are your friend.

OK I am not a mechanic so can't be held responsible yada yada. Your 4age should be OK on low boost. Bits you will need: 4age Turbo manifold (Ebay has them), the correct turbo to suit the manifold, exhaust to suit turbo, aftermarket ECU and wiring loom, modified sump for oil return from turbo, special "T" piece for oil feed for turbo from oil pressure sender on block, hoses and fittings for turbo oil and coolant supplies an returns, intercooler and piping (aluminium and silicone pieces Ebay). You will probably need a custom flange or two made up. You can see it's not going to be a cheap exercise. Might be worth trying to buy a complete turbo conversion kit off someone. It might seem like more money up front, but all the bits do add up. See "slab" in members rides to see my experience of DIY turboing.