Ae112 Extractors?

Chrcoo1991

Hey guys, just bought an ae112. Its at 150k, just timing, clutch and full service done. Got some new wheels and some new tyres. Got the stereo system going on in the 14th.

But i ordered some extractors off ebay, they will probably come wednesday also. Upon looking under my heat shield. I see extractors? What I think are extractors? The lady who had it before me was old and would not have had them fitted. Does the AE112 come stock with extractors? Or extractor look-alike heads or something?

If they are extractors, will there be any use putting the ones i have bought on?

Thanks,

Chris.

Members dont see this ad

You could still see gains in the exhaust by adding good aftermarket extractors, the stock ones are better than your average cast-iron manifold (which the AE102 7AFEs had for example) but they are still that - stock. Another area of gain would be the engine pipe (ie the bit with the flexpippe that goes from the manifold to the cat), as on the AE102s (and the AE112s share very similar/exact engine bays and crossmembers) the pipe goes up and over the crossmember and squashes into an oval shape in doing so - running new pipe through there can ease the restriction a bit.

there is always something to be gained by putting a NICE exhaust on, not too big, not too small, and not too loud!!

I'd compare the ones you have to the ones that are on there, and that same thought about the oval pipe of the Xmember had occurred to me when working on the ae93.

Robert.

the cast iron exhaust manifold (which is what you're looking at under the heat shield) are crap and notorious for cracking, I'd be comparing the one you bought to the one that's on there, and if it's the same and also if you think you got a bargain, put it somewhere, cause I can almost guarantee that if you're going to own the car for longer than a year, you're exhaust manifold is going to crack....(i've been through two of them)

the cast iron exhaust manifold (which is what you're looking at under the heat shield) are crap and notorious for cracking, I'd be comparing the one you bought to the one that's on there, and if it's the same and also if you think you got a bargain, put it somewhere, cause I can almost guarantee that if you're going to own the car for longer than a year, you're exhaust manifold is going to crack....(i've been through two of them)

Yes but the thing is ours are turbo and they are only crap cause we have more residual heat (as a result of the turbo) and so therefore are more prone to cracking.

Unless yours is the Sportivo then by all means use the other one! (of course if it looks better)

Karl.

Edited by Karllos

Yeah I know what you mean there's a crazy bend in it. I'm going to take the extractors into my local exhaust centre and see what it will be for a whole exhaust system not just from the cat back and see what I'm looking at to do that. Once I have done that I'll wash the beast and after I get the new speakers in I'll post some photos.