My Ke10 Corolla

Rufus

Hi all fellow Rolla nuts. This is Woz’s dad, Josh’s Poppa (ewt).

My 67 KE10 was one of the first, if not the first off the ship from Japan. I've had it since it was about 8 months old, and now I have time I want to restore it to original condition.

A little bit on the history :- The car has a genuine 68,000 miles on the clock. It was on blocks in my garage for well over 20 years, and Woz and his brother pulled it out, fitted new coil and plugs, and she fired up, running on 20 year old petrol!!! Let's see a modern car do that !!!!!

post-9438-1255336326_thumb.jpg

post-9438-1255344696_thumb.jpg

post-9438-1255344831_thumb.jpg

post-9438-1255344963_thumb.jpg

Drivers door on it is from a KE11-12 and doesn't match as the interior handles are different. It’s in good condition, so if anyone cares to swap I’m interested. I'm after a drivers door to match this one

post-9438-1255345123_thumb.jpg

Parts I need: KE10 Drivers Door (Doesn't matter about the Door or Trim colour), Headlight Chrome Trims (FOUND!), 2 KE10 Hubcaps, a Front Apron, and a Bonnet.

Cheers Guys,

Graham.

Edited by Rufus

Members dont see this ad

Well heres more to the story

ive been tryin to get my greasy mits on this car for a bloomin long time ( dad will be mumblin KEEP em off LOL)

as you can see no luck its still in his driveway preserving with age

Yeah now there is 3 generations of us on here as always we will put progress pics up as we go

enjoy

Woz, josh

Parts I need: KE10 Drivers Door, Headlight Chrome Trims, 2 KE10 Hubcaps, a Front Apron, and a Bonnet.

Cheers Guys,

Graham.

G'day Graham i have a full set of ke10 hubcaps and the outer trims to suit but their

condition is average' you are welcome to have them if you like

I'm in ferntree gully Vic.

cheers

Justin

Updates...

OK folks,

Things have started happening.

So far I've managed to get the headlight surrounds, (Thanks Stefan), indicator lights (brand new on Ebay $15.00 the pair).

Also had an offer of hubcaps. Still need a driver's door, (willing to swap a reasonably good KE11-12 door if anyone needs one) Colour of door and trim doesn't matter as I intend to reupholster the whole interior. Also need a bonnet if anyone can help, and I'm looking for a spare wheel rim as my original went walkabout.

Cheers, Graham.

Updates...

OK folks,

So far I've managed to get the headlight surrounds, (Thanks Stefan), indicator lights (brand new on Ebay $15.00 the pair).

Also had an offer of hubcaps. Still need a driver's door, (willing to swap a reasonably good KE11-12 door if anyone needs one) Colour of door and trim doesn't matter as I intend to reupholster the whole interior. Also need a bonnet if anyone can help, and I'm looking for a spare wheel rim as my original went walkabout.

Cheers, Graham.

Hey might be able to help out with a spare wheel with a half decent tyre on it. Ill check this weekend, I'm 25min from where u r

Graham,

If you get absoluely desperate (I'm in SA) I have a drivers door on a 1968 model.

PM me if you're interested.

Scott.

Thanks, I might take you up on that if it matches the one in my pic. It has to have the same lift up type handle on the inside.

Updates...

OK folks,

Cheers, Graham.

HELLLLPPPP !!! I just noticed my interior mirror and light fiiting are missing. Anyone out there help me ??

Edited by philbey
Edited for clarity - took new post content out of the Quote

• 3 weeks later...

Ok,

A Big THANKS to all that have contributed to helping me out, the response has been awesome.

So far I've located a driver's door, interior mirror/light assembly, and a set of wheels with roadworthy tyres.

I am still in need of

Bonnet & apron panel from behind the front bumper

If you can help out please Pm either me or Ewt

cheers

Graham