Damn Rotaries

ROLLN'03

Hey,

Reading an article last night all about the famous Rotary engine!

It stated that on a standard 13b & 12a, if you set it up with the right Weber and a nice set of tuned length extractors + nice sized full exhuast that the 12a could get a strong 200+ hp and the 13b and even stronger 250+ hp!

Thats just amazing performance!

Is there any corolla in here even over 200Hp?

* don't get me wrong, i am VERY far from displaying any sign of being againest the COROLLAS! :P

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes rotarollas are fun and yes they can surprise people :P , not any more trouble to fit than a piston engine conversion, ok maybe slightly more as depending on what car the tunnel may have to be raised a few inches.

$$$$$ yes, depends how Fast you want to spend? :D

Hi guys,

I'm new on here and a big fan of the rolla.

Edited due to misinterpretation.

To get that sort of power from the naturally aspirated rotors requires porting, not just exhausts and carbies. If you can pull 250hp from a 13B without touching the motor and only playing with carbs and exhaust there would be some rotary tuning shops very interested in your secret :P

Rotars and corollas go well together, apart from some transmission tunnel work they are not much harder than any other engine conversion that steers away from the k-engines or a-engines.

I like my piston engines but am a big fan of the rotar too.

Edited by YLD-TOY

Thanks for your input!

It was just meant to be some info, but it appears it was not welcome?

I'm sure almost all of us in here, wouldnt be here if we were chasing massive power!

Power is only one ingredient in making a nice car, often not the most important either. I wouldn't be here either if I was chasing masive power, I would at home working towards it :D

We are here for fun, and because we all have a passion for ROLLAS!

Thats the reason I have my rolla, for fun, it's not good for much else! A passion for rollas, I have owned and modified a few :P

Welcome YLD TOY! :D

And yeah, I have been edged on to get a 13B turbo in my KE55, but they are big bucks to convert if you aren't doing it yourself. More frequently seen in the KE20s because of the "virtually no weight" factor. I'd personally wanna stick to piston motors... although you gotta love the fact that you can quite easily rev a rotor to 9000rpm and yet there's still more (in the words of Tim Shaw for Demtel) :P

Sorry guys, it seems that you have got my comment wrongly....

Your input was most welcome and always is YLD - TOY.

We all have a passion for rollas and we can all, always agree on that... don't get me wrong!

but k engines are fun, and not massive power.......

but I'm not knocking anything and most certainly anyone!

:P