My Ke20 Just Got Defected.

RA28GT

As for the cost of engineering. It cost the electrician at work $700 to get 4WD 1/4 panels approved on his 2WD hilux (4wd guards have less of a cut out for the wheel arch AFAIK)

my brother had 4wd gaurds and tub on his 2wd hilux and that cleared an inspection no problems.

and my mate had a pintara biggest piece of crap and it passed first go.

so address all the problems and u should be fine

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly you can't get track engineered.

You can. It requires you to hire our AIR at the cost of $1250 to do a lane change test and on top of that the certificate to prove its safe.

Unfortunately I'll be taking this path with my KE25 once its done, so the cost will be a stupid amount but at the end of the day when you get pulled over by a law enforcement officer, you cna hand him the paperwork and politely give him the finger when he's not looking. :jamie:

You can. It requires you to hire our AIR at the cost of $1250 to do a lane change test and on top of that the certificate to prove its safe.

Unfortunately I'll be taking this path with my KE25 once its done, so the cost will be a stupid amount but at the end of the day when you get pulled over by a law enforcement officer, you cna hand him the paperwork and politely give him the finger when he's not looking. :jamie:

hmmm funny you say that because it was only about 3 months ago i rang regency about a few things...

i asked about track they said 12.5mm or something close to that i forget each side. overall track is only allowed to increase by a small amount.

i then asked them if i could get a wider track engineered and they said NO.

BUT.... the same dude told me you can't get an aftermarket ECU engineered in SA when an engineer i spoke to and also another bloke i kno has been thru it all says you CAN

get an eftermarket ECU through just takes a lot of time and cash.

Sad to hear mate. That was one of the best looking KE20s from SA.

13x7 wheels & bolt on spacers are not legal. Saying that my KE25 rolls on 13x8 all round & 30mm spacers on the rear wich i know is not legal too. The cop was doing his job. As for his comments you run into a few of those in your lifetime.

Toughen up mate. You'll get it back on the road.

How did he measure the car for being too low?

Here in Vic they use a stick with a 100mm dia wheel on the end of it. Seen a car get defected for having the exhaust below 100mm but the ride height was fine.

Edited by bernieboy

hmmm funny you say that because it was only about 3 months ago i rang regency about a few things...

i asked about track they said 12.5mm or something close to that i forget each side. overall track is only allowed to increase by a small amount.

i then asked them if i could get a wider track engineered and they said NO.

BUT.... the same dude told me you can't get an aftermarket ECU engineered in SA when an engineer i spoke to and also another bloke i kno has been thru it all says you CAN

get an eftermarket ECU through just takes a lot of time and cash.

You can get anything engineered.

ECU requires emissions tests and the maps to be locked so they can't be changed. Engineers charge a shitload for their time, thats where a lot of the cost is involved.

That 12.5mm is per side, so one inch wider.