4kc Turbo Water/oil Lines

driftkid23

hye guys I'm doin a 4kc turbo. ive read through everything i can find and looked at all the pics over and over. but i just can't see the oil and water lines setup very well. if anyone has some really good pics that will help with this can you please post them up.

Edited by driftkid23

Members dont see this ad

with the oil i believe you need to run a pressurized line through a cooler and into the turbo then directly into the sump

using something like the 4age oil cooler setup would probably be ideal if it screws on correctly

with the water id imagine that you would run lines off the existing water system, could probably use the throttle body ones that already exist

correct me if I'm wrong but thats the best i can see from all of the pictures

Edited by kiahn

with the oil i believe you need to run a pressurized line through a cooler and into the turbo then directly into the sump

using something like the 4age oil cooler setup would probably be ideal if it screws on correctly

with the water id imagine that you would run lines off the existing water system, could probably use the throttle body ones that already exist

correct me if I'm wrong but thats the best i can see from all of the pictures

cheers ill keep sussing it out. :jamie:

with the oil i believe you need to run a pressurized line through a cooler and into the turbo then directly into the sump....

...correct me if I'm wrong....

You're wrong!! :jamie:

No need for a cooler. You'd loose your oil pressure if you did. T piece the feed from the oil pressure switch, return it through a fitting welded onto the sump.

Water - Just plumb it in line with the heater box.

If you can't find them on this first page you're not looking hard enough....

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=10940

Err...is that silicon hose?

It won't be for long along with the turbo and rest of engine.

Chin70 you have to use a solid line or steel reinforced (braided) line for the turbo feed as it has to withstand pressures in excess of 80 psi.

It won't be for long along with the turbo and rest of engine.

Chin70 you have to use a solid line or steel reinforced (braided) line for the turbo feed as it has to withstand pressures in excess of 80 psi.

haaha yes it is it was just to get it runing