October 23, 200916 yr comment_384598 Just bought this VERY rusty '71 KE26 for $50usd. It was written off in 1979 after a VERY minor fender bender (didn't even break the headlight or wrinkle the core support) And the P.O. bought it and started pulling parts. He bought a '74 Corolla fender, lower valance, grille, lights and latch. He never got around to putting them on....... So 31 YEARS later I buy it without being able to see it very well, and dig it out. The frame and core support are rusted through and the engine was stuck.....I thought it was a goner. After giving the cylinder a weeklong soak in PB blaster the Marvel Mystery Oil it came free. Last night I hooked it up to some fuel and it runs! It might be able to be saved after all........ Watch here for updates. And to all my old friends.........I've missed Rollaclub! Edited October 23, 200916 yr by Xany Report
October 23, 200916 yr comment_384603 Holy crap.... 31 years and it RUNS! Thats a Toyota for ya :lolcry: Welcome back Mikey... Looks like you have a whooole world of fun ahead of you :lolcry: Report
October 23, 200916 yr Author comment_384604 Define "fun" I'm waffling back and forth between junking it and saving it..... Report
October 23, 200916 yr comment_384629 Welcome back buddy! Mmmmm, rusty rust rust rust. lol you got ya work cut out for you there mate....still could be saved though. :lolcry: Report
October 23, 200916 yr comment_384704 Funky rear windows....... good luck with the rust rust rust repairs. Hope it all goes well. Report
October 25, 200916 yr comment_385389 you guys didn't get those? yeah, they're the standard window on all the KE26's. me thinks he has never seen them before. Best of luck with the build, hope it turns out as nice as Daisy :S Report
November 9, 200916 yr comment_389834 We didn't get those tail lights. We had separate indicator lights built in. Report
December 6, 200916 yr Author comment_395825 I gave up on it; the front drag link mounts were no longer attatched to core support..... I did get to drive it on the trailer when I put it in storage. Report
December 6, 200916 yr comment_395829 Sometimes you just have to evaluate if its worth the hassle or not and in this case if the drag links mounts are no longer attached then its going to have a whollllllleeeeeeeeee lot more issues to contend with. Find yourself a TE3x wagon or something :P Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now